CHAPTER 66

Dressed in their button-down shirts, suit jackets and bowties, six out of seven Monster Mash boys were ready to film their next music video.

The Ball Room had become a dark graveyard illuminated by green, orange, blue, and purple lights, the colours that inspired Monster Mash's fourth album 'Neon Frights' which was very different from the darker tones of their first album.

Laska had taken care of their makeover earlier in the Throne Room, and once the guys were ready, they walked down the Eternal Hallway in silence all the way to the Ball Room. When they passed the elevator, Finn and Zeth eyed each other, hopeful but powerless.

Finn knew Zeth wanted to take the lift and step out of it with his fists up, kick the solar door open and fight, but one shake of Finn's head prevented him from doing that.

They really hoped Evie had achieved something already, and both were worried for Jade and Kevin, but knew Evie would protect them no matter what.

They walked in a straight line, in the darkness, with just a couple torches lighting the way. They were all glowing in the dark. Frank was ahead of everyone dressed in a neon green suit and bowtie, followed by Draco in red, Alex in purple, Finn in pink and Zeth in sapphire blue clothing. Everett was taking his sweet time, grunting over and over again. He looked good all in white, but he couldn't stop messing with his bowtie. He hated it.

Once inside the Ball Room, Paul greeted them and explained the entire concept, but none of them seemed the least interested.

Instead of looking jovial as always during video shoots, the boys looked anxious.

Frank looked very thoughtful, almost disappointed, not even the neon green of his hair made him look bright. He needed a cigarette, that much Zeth knew because Frank wouldn't stop tapping his foot. He had already smoked a few cigarettes outside by the stables while Paul took care of a few minor details, and yet, Frank still looked as anxious as when they got their makeover.

Draco couldn't stop drinking coffee, and the bright red hair he now had made him look like a glowing red light pacing here and there, jumping over gravestones and drinking his third coffee upside down hanging from a metal gate Paul got from the actual graveyard north to the Guarr Mansion and south to the Vampire Tower. Zeth hoped the spirits of the Felinos buried there would not get angry.

Alex was walking around in circles, running his hands through his purple ironed hair, worried about Kevin's well-being perhaps? He had been grunting and pacing since they got here so it was a possibility. Or maybe he was worried about Jade? About both? Who wouldn't for fucks sake!

Finn had blushed when Zeth told him in the Throne Room that his neon pink hair made him look cuter than ever, and Finn almost lunged to kiss Zeth because the sapphire blue of his hair made him look ten times more handsome. But now, both boys were giving each other worried glances instead of flirty looks.

Even Everett seemed lost in infinity. But it wasn't his classic inner peace; it was more of a look of concern. Zeth half-shut his eyes when a couple staff members, both women, began gossiping about how good Everett looked, saying he was the most handsome and that white was truly his colour. Zeth had to admit all-white suited him, he did look like a cover model, so he could see why those women were head over heels for him. Even Zeth would be if it wasn't because the big guy was as straight as a ruler. Or was he? Everett never talked about his orientation so...

"Alright, let's start filming," Paul said, always impeccable in an all-black suit, with his purple hair neatly combed. "Come on, guys! Why the long faces? And where's Kevin?"

"He'll be coming soon... I hope," Finn said, glancing at Zeth, who gulped.

Kevin's current 'mission' made Zeth feel physically sick. It was dangerous, and if something bad happened to him, Zeth would never forgive himself. Maybe he should go back the Eternal Hallway and take the lift to help Evie in case the blonde had gotten murderous.