CHAPTER 45

When Frank entered the Solar, he found Alex, Kevin, and Draco sitting at the dining room table.

Kevin and Draco were laughing and co-writing something, obviously a song. Finally! It was so good to see that they had already settled their differences and were now working together as a team, like a family...

But Alex? Well, he looked distant, with his chair a little away from Draco, looking over the scarlet-haired boy's head at Kevin with a bit of, perhaps, nostalgia.

“Hey buddy,” Frank walked straight into the small kitchen where Finn was, drinking some water with the coffee maker on. "You will drink coffee? Really?" Frank put his bionic arm around Finn, who shook his head.

"No, I don't like it, but I knew you would be back soon so I’m making some for you. Every time you return from the workshop you have a coffee."

"Well thank you." Frank said, grabbing a sugar bowl from the cupboard and a spoon from a drawer. "You know me well."

"We are almost always together, it would be very embarrassing not to know you well," Finn made that face again, the ‘partners in crime’ face, if the crime was being adorable. "In fact, I was just remembering last year when we were recruiting people for our video at the strip club."

"I'm sorry I wasn't with you because I was playing super spy," Frank laughed and Finn patted him on the shoulder.

"I would do it again. Those were the good times, without so much stress about creating content. Lately I think we are under a lot of pressure.”

"Don't say it! I'm exhausted and not even an extra battery could give me the boost," Frank looked down, and Finn immediately knew something was haunting his friend.

"Something's wrong," Finn rubbed Frank's back, "Tell me what it is."

"Finn, do you think it's possible that Zeth is... ‘Not right’ this time?"

“What do you mean? Zeth is always right.”

"I have a feeling he's afraid," Frank looked straight into Finn's green eyes. "And with what's happened, the hunters and all that, I don't know. Do you think we're close to the end?”

“I doubt it, although it is a bit suspicious that he wanted to record the entire fourth album in one go." Finn put a finger to his chin, "Maybe because he feared Alex or Draco or Kevin would leave before we finished it?"

"And if it's not that?" Frank ran his hand through his hair, "Finn, this idea of ​​being polyamorous could cost us our careers and maybe Zeth knows it."

"I don't think that's the case, Frank," Finn assured him, "Trust Zeth. He always does everything for us, our people and fans."

"I think we can fall apart because of love," Frank put a hand on Finn's shoulder, "We are polyamorous but what if the person we love doesn't love us back? You saw what happened with Draco and Alex. What if that happens again and this time there is no solution?"

"What are you taking about?" Finn looked quite bewildered, and Frank sighed heavily, "Who else could cause a fracture like that?"

"Right. Forget it."

Frank and Finn were always close, they were always together and they almost always shared secrets, but there was one that Frank couldn't tell him... Why? Not even Frank himself had the answer, perhaps it was the fear that Alex and Draco's story would repeat itself.

Or maybe because Finn's heart already had an owner, and that was Zeth.

“Hey Finn. I’ll take a shower after my coffee.” Frank said. “Or my shower can wait if you are feeling dehydrated. In case you need to get a little wet...”