CHAPTER 24

Finn was paralyzed, not knowing what to say or what to think.

Zeth had just asked the question that Finn had long dreamed of, and he was here, in plant mode, just looking at Zeth as if he didn't know him.

"Z-Zeth I... This is so... I don't have... I'm so... God, I'm saying nothing with many words," Finn shook his head, "Did you just ask me to be your... Your boyfriend? Are you serious?"

"I know it seems like a dream, because I'm obviously a dream come true, but yes. I want you to be my boyfriend, Finn," Zeth bit his lip, looking up and down at the blonde, "Well? Are you going to say no to your wet dream incarnate, handsome?"

"Y-You know m-my answer, Zeth, b-but now that you've hinted that Jade likes me..." Finn rubbed his face with his hands.

"I never said anything about Jade," Zeth laughed, but Finn shook his head.

"Well I will. Sometimes I wonder if I like Jade because of who she is or if it's because of her pheromones that are similar to Alex’s," Finn turned back to look at the roses to avoid Zeth's sapphire blue eyes. "Once upon a time, I also felt... Hot because of Alex's pheromones. What if I'm not gay, Zeth? What if I'm bisexual like you? What if I am straight and it is Alex affecting me? What if I am gay and it is Jade affecting me? What if I think I am bisexual because Alex and Jade are affecting me?"

"Finn. What if the only thing that matters is who you love and not why you love them?" Zeth sighed deeply, "The only thing you should care about is to be free to be yourself. Free your mind, forget about labels, orientations and anything else. You are nothing less than perfect, Finn, so live your life without putting a name to what you feel and let yourself go. Whether it's pheromones or not, who cares? If what you feel is real, say it and..."

"I love you, Zeth. I fucking love you with my heart and soul. I fucking love you," Finn told his friend, who didn't seem fazed. "That's all I know, It's something I feel and know is real. I love you for being my mentor, my guide, the person who believed in me and never let go of my hand. Now tell me, after a year since you know how I feel about you... Will you make this awkward like Alex with Draco?"

"No, I don't think so. And you know me well, Finn. You know I would never break your heart, and you know something? It was because of that heart of yours, as golden and magical as mine, that I chose you to be in the band." Zeth took a step closer to Finn, and placed his hands on the blonde’s shoulders, turning him around to be face to face. "You are my right hand, and I'm not just talking about the band. You are my right hand because every time I want to give up, I see your face and remember how much it is worth fighting for a dream just like you did, and how you have always done it by taking risks and accepting challenges. You live life even if it hurts, you don't just survive because it's comfortable. And if you have feelings for me, you know it doesn't bother me. And if you want to hold my hand, hug me, kiss me or have sex, you know I'm willing to do it because I have feelings for you too."

"But... What about Jade?"

"She knows how this works. All of us, in fact," Zeth smiled. "You said it yourself. She's probably now with Frank having sex, and that's okay because sometimes you love more than one person at a time, and our poly relationship is to avoid conflict."

"Zeth," Finn said softly and put his hands on his leader’s waist. "I love you, and I have dreamed of kissing you for so long I..."

"You can kiss me now. Why should I make you wait? I'll let you take control just this time," Zeth murmured close to Finn's lips, "The door has been unlocked for an entire year already, you just have to open it."

"I don't want to interrupt your mating," Everett said, taking bites of some garlic bread in his hand, "But Draco and Kevin are alone at table."

"We really need to put a bell on Everett," Finn grunted, blushing a little, stepping away from Zeth, huffing.