CHAPTER 74

"This dress is very similar to the one I wore earlier," Kim said, entering Evie’s bedroom in a long-sleeved black dress with an open leg. "I thought they would give me a uniform like yours, Evie!"

"There was no uniform for you, that's one of my dresses. You'll go incognito," said Evie, dressed in a black battlesuit with padding on its knees and elbows to provide protection and additional striking capabilities. The uniform had tall stiletto boots, a thigh holster on her left leg for her grapple gun and a holster on the right one for her Taser Gun.

"Plus, the fabric of the dress is bulletproof," said Blackfox with a snap of his fingers, in an outfit similar to Evie's, only the boots were wedges, "I must admit, the dress looks better with pumps than boots, Evie. Your sister has good taste."

"I had to wear these pumps because with another type of shoe, the dress dragged on the floor. Now I understand why. I'm glad your neighbour at least had shoes in my size, Evie.” Kimberly said, sticking her left leg through the opening of the dress.

It was nice to have good Yeti neighbours around, and it was a great idea to come to Evie's apartment too. Blackfox's was too minimalist, so the girls decided to take all the clothes and go straight to Evie's apartment on the third floor of the tower where the Yeti lived. And wow! This was actually a room! Not like Blackfox's almost empty bedroom, with a bed, black bedspread and four white walls. It seemed that he had never left behind the tradition of less is more during a desperate escape.

Kim didn't want to move with him to the Hunter Tower if she was being honest, the kitchen was just a stove and a microwave on a cupboard, and the dining room and living room? They were practically non-existent! A couch, a television, a table and a chair. What a waste!

Surely Kimberly could convince Zeth to let her move in with Evie, after all, what harm could she do living with someone who knew her since they were little?

"You should wear boots," Evie said, very serious while zipping up her battlesuit, "My boots are bulletproof, they might be a little big on you but..."

"Pumps is fine," Kim nodded, modelling the black shoe, "Although these have nowhere to store anything. I'll be careful not to break my heel if I jump."

"Fine! Just remember that dress is bulletproof, but the leg opening is a problem," Evie said, knowing well she couldn't convince the blonde to change her shoes. But that’s how Kim was though, putting fashion first, believing herself to be an unstoppable force of nature. "Small vulnerability to offer mobility, I learned that the hard way."

“I am too talented to lose a leg,” Kim joked and Evie grunted, "Hey! Kevin, I need you to help me with the sleeves and some minor details.”

"Got it. But hey! You look beautiful, Kimberly," Kevin said, sitting on the light blue quilted bed, clapping his hands, "Those pumps make your legs look longer."

"Were you looking at my leg?" Kim raised a seductive eyebrow, making Kevin blush.

"And you, Evie," Kevin continued, turning to her, who was standing in front of her closet, checking her uniform for the first time in the mirror, "You look really nice too. Coral-pink lipstick suits you."

"Thanks," said Evie, "I'm surprised you know the colour."

"Oh! It's just that I used to help mum put on her makeup to go to the hospital," Kevin laughed, "Mum's always been like that. Vain. You haven't seen her walk around here in Lyonfort? She always wears heels higher than my IQ!"

"Oh yeah! I’ve seen her every morning since she moved to the Spectral Tower," Evie laughed, nodding, "Your mum even brought Jade and me her famous transparent waffles to my training room once a week. She said it was her secret recipe."