CHAPTER 91

“Blackfox, come in,” Evie was already frustrated. Her communicator wasn't working, she could only hear static as she stepped out from behind some bushes with Jade next to her, “Shit. I don’t like this.”

"Where is the girl that was on the gargoyles up there?" Jade asked, pointing with a finger.

Evie turned cold inside.

Something was definitely wrong here.

"Come on everyone! Let me hear you scream because this is The Place I Came From!" Draco shouted on stage and all the people in the pool area cheered as the music played live.

Jade smiled. The acoustic guitar sounded perfect.

I thank the Gods. For helping me to be somebody.” Kevin took a step forward and started singing, moving his hands over his torso and hair while staring into the audience. His voice was very pleasant to the ears, like an angel singing. He had improved a lot since Zeth and Draco taught him how to sing slower. “I carry with me all the colours of my flag! My body is the temple of my past!

I thank the Gods. For choosing me to guide the masses!” Then Draco stepped forward, dominating the stage, living his best life and singing his heart out. The audience was entranced. He had a beautiful voice, and the crowd fell completely under his spell as he sang.

I think no matter if the tree bends left or right. The roots are planted deep within my heart.” Then Zeth stepped forward, and Jade almost lost her mind when he pointed at her while singing, winking. She was already hot inside, lost in his eyes. He looked absolutely breath-taking, and his voice sounded so raspy, powerful, confident and smooth. It was soothing. Zeth made another gesture and smiled at her. She nodded, trying to look calm and cool, and waved at him as he turned around to sing the chorus with the other guys.

Me muero por bajar del avión. Go back home and then yell: I’m back now! Hey! I will never forget the place I came from. No importa si estoy lejos, siempre vuelvo.” They all sang in unison, with Frank moving a bit clumsily, Draco jumping around and Alex nailing some killer stripper moves with Kevin. Finn and Everett were singing back to back and Zeth... He was still looking at her.

It would be hard to tell them that she had already given up, but Jade knew deep down that the boys weren't for her.

And that hurt a little too much.

I really need to get off this plane. Ir a casa y gritar: He vuelto! Hey!” They moved fluidly together and had a great rhythm. Maybe this was a variation of the song because, on the studio track, only Alex and Everett sang this part, but Jade couldn’t complain because their voices complemented each other well, creating a beautiful sound that resonated in her heart. “Yo nunca olvidaré de dónde vengo. I will never forget the place I came from.

While Jade danced a little, Evie walked around in circles, desperately trying to contact her team.

This was wrong, so wrong!

Surely something had happened, something bad, and she was here without knowing anything.

She couldn't afford a distraction, and tonight she allowed herself one and now she was terribly sorry about it.

She couldn't lose the boys, she couldn't ever live without Frank's sweetness, Draco's cuteness, Alex's irreverence, Finn's firmness, Zeth's intelligence, Everett's social awkwardness or Kevin's smile.

For the rest of the song, Evie tried to check the hotel cameras from her phone only to find static, just like in her comms.

"I better get going," said Jade and Evie looked up at her, "It hurts to say goodbye, but I have to move on with my life and... Are you okay, Evie?"