CHAPTER 26

"So you're in love with Draco," Zeth asked Kevin, who was crestfallen between him and Everett.

Kevin felt somewhat cornered, but also knew that he was never specifically discreet about it.

Zeth's question seemed rather redundant, considering how obvious it actually was that he was interested in the vampire.

"Yeah, and he doesn't even know," Kevin never stopped smiling, though. It was typical of him, "But I think he hates me and I don't know why."

"And what will you do?" Zeth asked and then he looked around the restaurant. A waiter emerged from the kitchen, one Zeth hadn't seen before, carrying a mop in his hand. "Do you want to tell Draco? Or do you prefer to hide what you feel?"

Kevin thought about both options for a while before answering.

"I'd like to tell him, but..." he trailed off, and Zeth nodded.

"You assume Draco is going to reject you like Alex rejected him." Zeth turned to see some waiters entering the kitchen. None of them were familiar faces. How weird. Where were the waiters who were working here a few minutes ago?

"Waiter is already mopping," Everett said quietly, "I think it's time to go."

"This is important," Zeth told the big boy and then turned to Kevin, "Hey, I planned this poly thing so we're all okay dating each other freely. So the only way to know if Draco is okay with you and with Alex is talking, and after we talk, we can see how to work this out without jealousy."

"Okay," Kevin nodded. He had no other option. Zeth was right. It didn't take a genius to figure out that he loved Draco, even though he might have wanted to keep everything secret for a little longer just because of how awkward it could turn out, "But please, let's take it slow," and Everett rolled his eyes and groaned, "I don't want to drop the bomb just like that."

"Finn! Draco!" Zeth shouted at the boys in the other booth, who looked up quickly, "Come here. Group meeting!"

The two men hurried over, Finn giving Kevin an appraising glance as they approached. His lime green eyes were narrowed slightly.

"What's wrong?" Draco sat next to Zeth.

"Kevin is in love with you and you're idiot for treating him bad," Everett told him immediately.

"Everett!" Zeth shouted and the big guy lowered his head with an 'I screwed up' face.

"What? What's point of not getting to point?!" Everett said with dramatic hand gestures.

Draco looked very surprised, his scarlet eyes wide.

Was that true?!

Kevin was in love... And he was in love with him?!

How did that happen? Did he really feel that?

Draco went from pale to red like his hair, and Kevin immediately averted his gaze.

He wasn't going to cry. If that happened, he wouldn't be able to look Draco in the eye again.

"Well, uh..." Draco stammered and looked at Kevin. "That's... Weird. But that doesn't mean we'll fall in love with each other. I mean, good for you but... I'm in love with Jade and Alex, and he doesn't even talk to me anymore!"

"It's because when Alex has problems, he never says anything, he just starts acting weird." Kevin pointed out, "We hardly saw each other at the strip club, but he was always, let's say, stubborn. He always tried to change, but he never could. He asked me for help but I was almost never there for him. But I know Alex well enough to know that he doesn't want to hurt you, but rather he wants to protect you from himself."