CHAPTER 70

"How long do we have to stand here?" Jade asked in a resting position with her hands behind her back. She felt like a soldier. She had been guarding the door next to Evie for three hours now, as if there was something in this outdoor parking lot to watch over. Her hair had turned into a tangled mess and she hadn't brushed it once since they arrived.

"Couple of hours." Evie said, "At best."

"Hey, the blonde has changed, hasn't she?" Jade pointed at Kim guarding the tour bus, sitting on the door steps. Kevin was done filming one hour ago, and Kim had sworn to protect him. It wasn't like there was someone to take care of here in the middle of nowhere though.

"I see you and Kim now get along. Monster Marsh brings people together," Evie smiled slightly, "The boys don't know how much they mean to the Mashers."

"I think they know," Jade said, moving a little closer to Evie, "And I know what Frank means to you."

Evie flinched.

"Please, don't say that he loves…"

"What are you so afraid of? Frank loves you for who you really are. You don't need to hide who you are here, in this family. No one cares about your past or your body count or..." Jade stopped mid-sentence when she saw Evie's expression change from sadness to anger.

"You don't know anything."

"Hey, the guys know you well, I know you well. I don't think they'd mind if..." Jade rubbed her arm, "Evie, this is a poly relationship, so I was thinking... What if you join?"

"Where is Oblivio when you need it?" Evie sighed, "I'm going to imagine you never said that."

"Oblivio?"

"Cosmic entity, it could transform into whoever or whatever it wanted, it had all of Bakerwood enslaved. Long story," Evie replied. "Return to your position two steps away. We must guard the door."

“Good! I didn't want to talk anyway," it would be a lie to say that Jade didn't want to talk to Evie right now. She wanted her to understand why Frank loved her so much, but at the same time, she was worried that he did.

Because Evie would surely break his heart.

But wasn't this boy band supposed to bring people together? Why was Evie putting that abyss between Frank and herself if it was obvious that she loved him?

They were in love, weren't they?

Was she ashamed of his affection towards her?

Did Evie not know that she already loved Frank?

Wasn't this what being in love meant? That feeling of longing you get every time you look into someone else's eyes?

Jade didn't want to believe that Frank didn't love Evie anymore.

But did she love him?

Maybe they just needed some space?

Some time apart to figure things out?

"Everett has already finished filming his parts."

Jade was pulled out of her thoughts by the sound of a familiar voice above. She turned up to look at Blackfox. He had his grapple gun in his hand and was slowly descending from the roof like Spider-Man. He finally placed his feet on the ground outside the door.

"When will I get my own grapple gun?" Jade asked.

"I have some in my training room," Evie replied, "But it takes a while to use them without crashing into walls or hitting your shins. I promise to give you one when we get back, and teach you everything."