CHAPTER 38

"I thought I would go back home with Evie in her car," Jade said, walking out of the hotel with her hair wet from the shower and into the cold air. Who knew that in a beach city like this it would be so cold after midnight?

"Where's Frank?" Zeth asked, opening the door of his golden Rolls Royce for her, even though the tuxedoed chauffeur offered to do it first.

"On his way home I guess. He asked me if I wanted to jump into his car, but I said I would go back home with Evie."

"With a trained assassin asleep in the back seat? I would never allow it, and I don't think Evie would either." Zeth laughed as he closed the door.

After he walked around the luxurious car and got into the back seat, Jade immediately inhaled his cologne. His masculine scent was familiar enough that she could pick it up in the middle of a crowded city street. It smelled like a mixture of man and gold, if that made any sense, and she didn't mind that at all.

"You took a shower after having sex with Frank, right?" Zeth asked out of the blue.

"What? Yes, of course I did! Why do you think my hair is still wet?" She grunted, shaking her head. “But he didn’t, he said he’d shower at home.”

“Good...” He rubbed his palms on his thighs and looked away from Jade, then cleared his throat, “And how was it?”

"I guess okay, hotel showers are always..."

"I mean the other thing," Zeth said, and seemed to laugh a little, but Jade wasn't sure.

"Oh! Well... It was very... Intense."

"Did you enjoy yourself?" He wiggled his eyebrows, "Did you like losing your virginity to a boy way older than you?"

She blushed, staring blankly at him.

"Well... First of all, Frank is twenty-eight and I'm twenty-one, he's not as old as you.”

“And why mention me?” He bit his lip, “Why, Jade?”

Oh! Her subconscious betrayed her.

“Just because. Secondly... Well we... We were both surprised how good it felt to be in each other's arms, how well we fit together... It was a great.”

"And how do you feel now?" He looked too curious for Jade's liking.

“I am happy." But she didn't look happy, and she wasn't happy with Zeth asking these questions, but not because she was offended by his curiosity, but because she knew him enough already, and he was, maybe not jealous, but being competitive. Maybe Zeth wanted to know if he was still Jade's favourite, which was true, as a singer and as a person, but there was nothing beyond that... Right?

"As long as you're happy..." Zeth smiled, looked out the window, and shook his head a little.

"I'm sleepy, Zeth," she said, "Do you mind if I sleep on our way back?"

He seemed bothered by this. Maybe he wanted to talk to her. But she didn't want to talk to him.

"Well, I will make sure we are back home before sunrise in one piece. Get some sleep. I'll let you know when we are outside Lyonfort."

"Thank you." She smiled as she laid down on the soft leather interior of the car, resting her head on Zeth's warm and somewhat hard thighs.

He widened his eyes and chuckled.

"What's so funny?" She asked, grumbling.

"It's no big deal."

"Tell me," she looked up at him from below, and the way he looked at her was, to say the least, curious.