CHAPTER 18

At the door of the fancy restaurant stood Frank, dressed in a suit and bowtie, smiling while violins played in the background. The light was dim, the red and white walls were lightly illuminated by many vanilla scented candles, and Jade's shoulders had never felt lighter, as if a weight had been lifted from her shoulders.

Any kind of unfounded fear installed in her mind by the other two girls had faded, and all it took was one look at Frank.

Jade approached him, wearing black leather pants and a tight golden blouse. Her hair hung loose around her face.

Frank had never seen anyone more beautiful than her. She was an angel, not a biblically accurate one, but one painted by a talented artist. Frank bit his lip, his chest was full of butterflies, his breathing had become calmer, as it always happened around...

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH

 Jade never imagined that Frank Rubinstein would be her first formal date. She had spent her entire life dreaming of this moment, of true love, of her own prince charming, and finally he was here, smiling at her and extending a hand toward her.

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH

Jade had always been the ugly girl at school, the weirdo, the one to ignore, always rejected by all the boys she ever loved. Edward, Rafa, Brandon, Diego, Daniel, Tate, and many other names were already being forgotten, one for each step she took towards Frank.

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH

They all broke her heart, destroyed it, in particular a boy who she loved like no one else and just ignored her as if she were crazy for telling him what she felt, but Frank?

He would never do that.

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH

Jade was ready, she would finally stop being a virgin, and this fine date he had prepared for her, this beautiful moment, would surely...

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH

Oh for Fucks Sake! What the hell was that noise?!

CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH

Jade turned ever so slowly to her right, and there he was, sitting on the edge of a huge flower pot...

This had to be a fucking joke.

“He-ey! Draco here!” He was smiling, looking at her with cute puppy eyes, waving a hand with orange fingers effusively. He had a bag of Cheetos in his other hand.

"What is Draco doing here?" Jade raised an eyebrow and looked at Frank, who blushed and rubbed his nape.

"He got a little sad and I decided to buy him some Cheetos and... The other guys are at the restaurant too, except for Alex."

"But I thought this would be a special night," Jade frowned.

"It'll be special, you and me alone," Frank nodded, glancing at Draco, "And there will be no interruptions again."

"Oh! Are you talking about me? Just ignore me," Draco said, shoving another Cheeto into his mouth, "Me and the boys... We're going to be... Sitting at another table planning the... Next album. But I didn't want to... Miss this moment." Draco was talking with his mouth full, and then wiped his fingers on his faux leather pants, "You won't even notice our presence."

Well, she was noticing it right now.

But maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

She smiled at Frank.

“Well, I'll tell you. This is very romantic.” She walked closer to Frank.

“I made sure to have everything prepared for you, my lady.” Frank replied with a bow.