CHAPTER 14

"Hey Alex, we're going out for dinner at a restaurant downtown," Zeth said, putting on his favourite fringe jacket. This suite felt bigger this year, but maybe because there were fewer people in here, namely The Sixth Octave guys, "Or at least I will go with the guys because... I don't eat."

"Sure, I'll be ready in a second," Alex was on his back on a white couch, shirtless, with one hand behind his head and the other holding the controller, flipping channels, "Is Frank still with Sue?"

"Yes, they are in a room downstairs, and I don't see you getting ready," Finn said from the small kitchen. He opened the minibar to take out a bottle of water and started gulping down half of it before continuing to speak. "It's not like you have to change your whole look either, just put a shirt on."

Alex sat down with a grunt, turned to see him, and smirked.

"Maybe I'll go shirtless." Alex moved his eyebrows, "You know Finn. I'm a little horny. What about you and me? You know? It's not forbidden in a poly relationship."

"Shut up," Finn snorted, "I'm not going to accept. We all know it's not me you want talking about men."

"I'm ready," Everett said, wearing a huge, fluffy white furry jacket, and he entered the room with steps so silent that no one noticed until he spoke, "I'm hungry."

"We're going to eat soon, don't be impatient, big guy," Kevin said from behind him, stepping out of the hall, putting on his silver tank top and turning to look at Alex. "You know, I never imagined that these types of shirts were so comfortable until... Alex? Why are you looking at my legs?"

"Just because," Alex replied. Those grey jeans squeezed Kevin's thighs to the point of breaking, and it was hot, "So, Kevs. Are you going too?" Alex blinked a lot, his eyes fixed on Kevin, on his chiselled jawline and his grey eyes.

It was irrefutable.

He felt attracted to him, but he had never thought about asking Kevin about his orientation.

But then again, why bother asking?

This past year, Alex and Kevin had become closer during the world tour, and Kevin always made time for Alex to hang out whenever they'd meet after a show or while touring together. And since they always, meaning all the Monster Mash guys, shared the same hotel room, usually the biggest or suites, they talked a lot about their lives and what they wanted to do once they got home.

They had started sharing their dreams together, even though some of them were silly.

Kevin once told Alex about how much he admired Draco, and even had the nerve to try and imitate Draco's fast way of speaking, which was hilarious.

Alex told him that Draco had gotten much better at saying his T's and slowing down.

Kevin seemed to like listening to Alex and Draco's stories together. It was like listening to a fanfic and being part of it but only as an observer. Sometimes Kevin wanted to tell Alex to put aside his prejudices and just accept that he loved the vampire, but Alex always growled and changed the subject.

"I'm ready," Draco said, speeding out of the hallway in his huge boots with a red faux leather vest on.

Kevin turned to look at him and bit his lip. It was really hard not to be attracted. Draco had an innocent little face, cute eyes, and an impeccably white fanged smile that melted Kevin's heart every time he saw it.

But he knew Draco would never look at him.

It was impossible.

Kevin sometimes tried to talk to the vampire, but Draco always swept him with his gaze without replying to anything he said. He had a feeling Draco didn't like him. Well, it could be true. He had been cold for the last few months. Maybe Kevin had been too much of a fanboy to be a good bandmate for someone who didn't like him.

Never meet your heroes, he supposed, but his love for Draco never faded.

"Are you going too, Von Stroker?" Alex frowned and crossed his arms.

"Obviously," Draco said.

"But you don't need to eat," Alex still didn't look at him.

"But I like to eat!" Draco replied, and he lifted his vest to show his navel and patted his abdomen, "And my tummy is so strong that I don't even digest, everything that enters is burned directly because of the powerful acid in my stomach. It's like eating without the ugly part."

"Well, I'll stay here." Alex grunted, "I'll spend the night at the gym."

Draco made sad eyes, and although Kevin wanted to give him a hug and comfort him, he chose not to for fear of rejection.

"Can we leave now? These two make me uncomfortable," Everett grumbled.

"Hey, there are no more water bottles," Finn said, with several empty bottles on the kitchen island.

"We'll buy some on the way here. Alex, are you coming or not?" Zeth asked, crossing his arms. "My time is gold, you know?"

"I'm staying, I'll hit the gym," Alex growled with a quick glance at a visibly sad Draco. Alex hated himself for doing this to who he once considered his brother, but it was necessary. He didn't want to be so rude, but keeping Draco away might solve the problem. Perhaps then, the wolf's pheromones would no longer affect the vampire making him believe it was love, "Go without me."

"Good! We're leaving!" Zeth rolled his eyes and opened the door of the suite, "But first, I must talk to Frank."

"Okay, see you later," Alex waved goodbye and looked at Draco again. "Be nice. I don't want accidents or finding out that you broke a bone doing something stupid, ok little guy?"

Draco nodded, giving him a shy smile.

It was so confusing sometimes.

Alex seemed to hate him but he still cared about him... And it was all Kevin's fault!

Ever since that grey-eyed idiot showed up, Alex had pushed Draco aside to give him his place.

It was so unfair and painful!

Why did he get everything? Why couldn't it be as easy for Alex as it was for Draco to just go back to the days before he confessed his feelings for him?

And why did he care about Alex so much?

"Come on," Kevin put a hand on Draco's shoulder, but the vampire slapped it away.

"Don't touch me, Mr. Smiles," Draco grumbled, "I'm already sick of you being in the band."