𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 III

1:30am, Minho slipped on a black hoodie and wore a mask, not forgetting to grab his phone and wallet as he made his way to the dark streets of Seoul. It was a cold winter night, but simply picturing the adorable boy he had only met twice gave him all the warmth he needed. He stood outside the convenience store, as there was still 5 minutes till 2am. A bulky man walked past Minho, giving him a cold glare before walking into the convenience store. There was still another minute left until 2, but something told him to walk into that store right then and now. 

Minho swung the door open, his breath hitching not seeing the adorable boy standing by the cash register, waiting for him with that beautiful smile of his. His eyes darkened when he heard a muffled noise coming from the last aisle. Without thinking twice, Minho pulled out a knife from his pocket, pulling his hood just enough so his eyes were covered. He slowly made his way towards the aisle where the sound had come from. As he crept closer and closer, the muffled noise became louder, and he could've sworn it sounded like someone was trying to say his name. He peeked into the aisle, seeing the man from outside having Jisung in a chokehold with a knife to his throat. 

A smirk crept onto Minho's face as his eyes took on an indescribable gaze. He swiped the knife's blade against his index finger to ensure it was as sharp as it could be. A few drops of blood fell onto the floor as Minho made his way towards the door, to make it seem as if the person who came in had left. "You'll give me all the money in that cash register if you don't want that pretty head of yours rolling around on the floor, understood?" Minho peeked in the aisle once more, seeing Jisung giving quick nods as tears rolled down his soft cheeks. That was the last draw. 

"Wanna play a game?" a cold, emotionless voice spoke up from the intercom. The man looked around, not seeing a trace of another person besides the one he held captive. Jisung's eyes shot open, despite hearing Minho's voice in a whisper for a few seconds yesterday, he still recognized it. "Whoever drains more blood out the other wins". The voice was no longer coming from the intercom, but now from some place much closer. The man's grip on Jisung tightened as his head shot in all directions, trying to find the source of that voice. 

Goosebumps, all that Jisung felt were goosebumps. That voice, it was Minho's, but something about it was off. It wasn't the comforting whisper from yesterday, it was one filled with madness and rage. Jisung let out a cry as the man's knife being held to his throat deepened. 

"Ready, set, go." A deafening scream was heard as an arm reached through the aisle behind, piercing an everlasting wound into the man's back. Jisung took this opportunity to escape from the man's grip, running to the next aisle, but Minho was no longer there. He heard another scream coming from the aisle he was just in. Slowly, he made his way back, stopping in his steps once he saw the boy he had been waiting to see all day holding the man by his throat against the wall. "I win", and with one last punch in the gut, he let the man fall to the ground. 

The once white floor was now red, causing Jisung to take a few steps back. Minho turned toward the younger, noticing the terrified look in his eyes. Dropping the knife, he took hesitant steps toward the fearful boy, waiting for him to run away, waiting for him to call the police, waiting for him to tell him to stop right there, to not come any closer. What he wasn't expecting was for Jisung to run into his embrace and cry against his chest. As much as Minho wanted to hug back, to run his hands through Jisung's fluffy hair, he couldn't. Not when his hands were covered in the one thing he thought they would never be covered in again. 

"I thought...I thought I would n-never be able to see you again". Jisung sobbed against Minho's chest, clinging onto his hoodie as tight as he could. After a few moments, he backed away, scanning Minho to see if he had any injuries. "I'm fine", Minho reassured the younger. Jisung let out a sigh of relief, grabbing the other by his wrist. Minho, although confused as to where he was being dragged, went along with it. Jisung led him to the bathroom sink, "Let's get your hands cleaned".