𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XVII

"Sungie, what duck walks on two legs?". School had just ended and the three were on their way out the enormous campus. Jisung was deep in thought, "Oh! Donald duck", he said in a rather proud tone, but got a loud laugh in return. Seungmin shook his head, "And to think you're about to have an interview to be an intern officer...", with furrowed brows, Jisung thought some more, nothing really clicking in his head as to why Felix was laughing and Seungmin's look of disappointment. 

"You- dummy-", Felix managed to get out between loud chuckles. "Jisung, all ducks walk on two legs", Seungmin placed a hand on a dumb-founded Jisung's shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze. "Well then Lix, I bet I can get you to say black!", Jisung stopped in his tracks, turning towards his friend, who simply gave him a smug look, "Try me". "What color is the sky?", Felix looked up, the light gray clouds covering the typically blue sky, "Gray!" "Ha! I knew I could make you say gray", Jisung walked off with a proud smile, "No! You said black!", he heard from behind and couldn't help but fall to the ground laughing, even Seungmin let out a small chuckle. "You just said it! Who's the dummy now huh?". 

Felix stood there with a hand covering his mouth. "I declare you both equally as dumb, now Jisung you're gonna be late for your interview, Felix you're gonna be late for your job, and I just wanna be left alone, so get lost", Seungmin walked off in the direction of his apartment, leaving Felix and Jisung alone, who took one glance at each and burst into another fit of laughter. "So we're gonna find a way to trick him aren't we?", Felix spoke up, getting off the ground. "Is that even a question?", Jisung replied, dusting his clothes, and then realizing he still had to change before going to the interview. "Shoot! I'm gonna be late bye Lix we'll get Seungmin one day have fun at work love you bye~", he exclaimed in one breath while running off towards his apartment. 

As fast as he could, he put on the most professional outfit he could find, fixed his overgrown light brown hair, and stopped when he came to choose what perfume to put on, eyes landing on the familiar scented cologne that had just been sitting there for the past year, the scent that always calmed him down. Hesitantly, he took the cap off, spraying the tiniest amount as it was quite strong. This smell held so many memories that brought both pain and comfort, yet here he was, seeing past the pain and finally letting the comfort be the prominent feeling. 

After a few moments he opened his eyes, taking a deep breath before running out the apartment and towards the police station. The automatic doors opened as soon as Jisung was in close proximity and he ran all the way towards the front desk, resting his hands onto his knees to catch his breath, signaling the person at front with his finger to give him a minute. "Hello- I'm- Han Jisung" he let out, taking a deep breath in between each word. "I'm here for the interview" finally being able to speak properly. "Ah, the Han Jisung Officer Chan recommended?", the woman at front asked. "Yes, that one" he mumbled, holding back a smile. 

Chan had actually called Jisung a few days ago to check up on him, and when the topic of jobs came up he ranted on and on about wanting to start interning at a police force, and of course Chan couldn't be happier to recommend Jisung to his own firm, leading him to where he is at the moment. "All right, please come this way", the woman got up from her seat, leading Jisung towards an elevator, making their way up to the 6th floor. She led him to an office room that had doors bigger than any other, opening them up. "Good luck!" she encouraged, bowing to the man who sat on a large chair behind the desk, before closing the door. 

"I'm Bang Christian, you must be Han Jisung, please take a seat", he quickly went and sat on the chair in front of the desk. "My son doesn't usually recommend people, so when he did I wanted to be the one who would be giving the interview", he smiled, and that's when it hit him, this was CEO Bang, the one who owned this police force. Quickly, he swung up from the chair, giving a deep bow, "Thank you for giving me this opportunity!", he stayed in a deep bow, only slightly looking up once a chuckle was heard. "The pleasure is mine, now shall we begin?".