𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XXI

Jisung woke up early, wanting to walk to school instead of taking the bus. The early spring days were a breath of fresh air, which he would choose over the suffocating atmosphere in buses any day. He kicked a few leaves in his path, looking at the beautiful sunrise. After 30 minutes, he arrived, making his way to the lecture he had with both friends. "Sungie!", Felix exclaimed as soon as he walked in. "Hello to the both of you", Jisung sat down in his seat between the two. Seungmin and Felix both looked at each other, noticing the small smile on Jisung's face. It was their first time seeing him this content ever since the incident. "You seem happy Sung", Seungmin stated, to which Felix nodded with an even wider smile. Jisung looked down at his desk, "The sunrise was pretty".

Minho woke up early, not on purpose, it just happened. Not being able to go back to sleep, he went to his balcony, noticing the breathtaking sunrise. With a small smile, he admired the view, wondering if he was also seeing this beautiful sight.

School had finally ended, and the three friends were on their way to a nearby café, becoming somewhat of a tradition. Seungmin had a constant smile all the while staring at the ground. Felix looked down at the ground as well, wondering what about it was so endearing for his friend to be smiling like that. "Minnie you've never smiled at me like how you're smiling at concrete", he pouted, causing Jisung to let out a laugh, looking over at his flustered friend. "I wasn't smiling, you're hallucinating". Felix rolled his eyes, "Come on! I wanna know! I wanna smile too!". 

Seungmin mentally slapped himself for getting into this mess, knowing he wouldn't be left alone until exposed. "Fine, but at the café". With a satisfied smile on two of their faces, and a pout on one, they made their way into the small café. "Here's your order, enjoy!", the three thanked the waiter, and without letting the poor boy take a single sip, the two friends stared directly into his soul. "It's not that big of a deal, and I swear to gosh if you scream Lee Felix I will choke you to death right here and now". Jisung and Felix both knew what they were about to be told was definitely a big deal if Seungmin had to tell him not to scream. 

"I'm going on a date today-", Seungmin's statement was cut off with a screech, Jisung's screech. Felix let out quiet squeals, shaking his squirrel-like friend's arm. "What did I say!?", Seungmin let out with furrowed brows. "You never said I couldn't scream, also, WHAT? Kim Seungmin? Going on a date?". Felix turned towards Jisung, "I think he's possessed, we should take him to a Shaman, maybe even an exorcist". Seungmin rolled his eyes at their dramaticness, "This is why I didn't want to tell you", he mumbled with a small pout. The other two quickly regained themself, wanting to hear more. 

Feeling the presence of eyes on him, Seungmin let out a sigh, setting his Iced Americano back down, "We met at the café I work. At first I found him very annoying, which he is, but there was more to him under all that flirting and teasing". The smile Seungmin had while talking about him said it all. "Minnie...I thought you would die alone!", Felix ran over to Seungmin who sat opposite of him, tightly wrapping his arms around the boy. "Who is this person anyway? I wanna meet the person who was able to make someone like you fall in love", Jisung wondered. Seungmin pushed the clingy boy away from him, "First of all, I'm not in love, and he's usually busy during the day, I'll ask him if he's available to meet you two though". 

"Is this the same person you were cursing out that day?" Jisung questioned, earning a shy nod from the puppy-like boy. "Enemies to lovers, that's too cute!" Felix squealed. After another hour of questioning him, it was time for his cafe shift, Felix's shift at a flower shop, and Jisung's paid internship at the police force. 

With nervous feet, he walked into the bustling police force, with officers walking all around the large first floor building as well as some ordinary people. This police force was quite the attraction sight and had some of the most well known officers, making it a place that would lure in foreigners as well. The first floor was open to any one, but the rest were reserved for staff only, so as told, he made his way up to the last floor, where Chan's office was located. 

With a few knocks he heard a small 'come in' and entered. "Jisung! Welcome to your first day as an intern officer!", Chan walked up to the smaller boy, pulling him into a tight embrace. "Thanks hyung- oh should I call you sir? boss? officer?", Jisung rambled on, earning a chuckle from the elder, "For now just call me hyung, leave the formalities for later". Jisung smiled, giving quick nods. "Today, I'll just be giving you a tour of this place, familiarizing you with the other officers and trainees, and showing you my work station, not too bad, but tomorrow it'll be the real deal, sound good?", Chan explained as he walked Jisung out the office room with an arm around his smaller frame. "Sounds great!". 

And so the rest of the day was spent with Jisung attempting on figuring his way around the large building, opening up to all these new strangers, who were extremely welcoming and helped Jisung step out his comfort zone. He also aquired his own little work station in Chan's section of the building where all the other interns he was training were. Just like that four hours had passed. "So, how was it?", Chan asked, throwing an arm around his shoulders. "Amazing! Everyone's so nice, but", he looked down at his legs with a small giggle,"my legs kind of hurt". Chan let out a chuckle with a small head shake, "It's gonna get worse from here on out kiddo, oh! That leads me to tomorrow's activity". 

He led Jisung into the elevator, going into the 5th floor which had a large gym-like room with a bunch of training equipment, "We're gonna need to get you a bit buffed up for this job, so from here on out you'll be spending 2 hours in this room and the other 2 with me out on duty". Jisung gulped nervously, looking at all the muscular men lifting weights as if they were weightless. "Hey, don't worry, you'll get the hang of it in no time, I'll be with you the whole way out, okay?". Jisung diverted his attention towards Chan, feeling a rush of relief run through him with the reassuring smile he was receiving. "Okay, thank you hyung", he engulfed the elder in a sudden hug, which took Chan by surprise, but he returned the gesture, giving his hair small caresses. Somehow, he felt Chan was looking after him a little more than needed, but felt ever so lucky to have such people in his life.