𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 LIV

The now seven individuals walked back to the ICU, only to find that Jisung was no longer there. They went into a silent panic, until the same doctor from earlier informed them he was transferred into a normal hospital room. They rushed to the room, slowly opening the door since they were instructed to remain quiet.

Felix threw a hand over his mouth to keep any noises from escaping. Tubes were attached to his friend's body, an oxygen mask was still covering his face, he was right there but seemed so distant. Seungmin walked over to the bed, taking a seat on the chair next to it. "You're a strong one, aren't you?", he chuckled. "I never thought I'd say I miss your teaseful remarks and random hugs, but I do. So wake up and tell me a lame joke, give me a tight hug."

A few tears rolled down his cheek as he felt a comforting hand give his shoulder a gentle squeeze. Looking behind his shoulder, he looked his boyfriend in the eyes. "Well, that didn't go exactly according to plan, did it?". Seungmin shook his head, "No, it didn't". Hyunjin pulled a chair next to the one Seungmin sat. "That wasn't a smart move on Minho's end right?", Hyunjin asked in a voice that indicated he already knew the answer.

"It really wasn't, but I don't blame him", Seungmin sighed. Mrs.Han walked over to the two, looking down at her son. "I'll be his lawyer, and there's a strong chance he'll win if we argue it was self defense, but that's only for Minho. The man is going to prison one way or another, due to the documents and voice recordings Felix collected" she added, bringing about relief to the rest, knowing that man was going to spend the rest of his days behind bars.

"Mrs.Han, Chan is calling us to the police force to help him out with some paperwork" Changbin sighed, not wanting to leave his friend's side. "Seungmin, would it be okay if Felix stayed over for the night?" Changbin asked the younger, knowing his boyfriend was in no state to be spending the night alone. "Of course hyung, stay as long as you need Lix". Seungmin sent a warm smile his friends way.

There were now four left staying with the unconscious boy. Jeongin, as well as Seungmin and Felix had fallen asleep on the couch. Hyunjin remained awake as he walked around the hospital room. The doctor had walked in some time ago, confirming Jisung was now stable enough to breath on his own, removing the oxygen mask.

A weak groan was heard, and Hyunjin shot his head to the noise, quickly making his way next to the boy who was now gaining the slightest bit of consciousness. "Jisung, can you hear me?". The said boy slowly parted his eyes open, letting out shaky breaths. Hyunjin took hold of the glass of water on the side table, gently lifting Jisung's head up to help him drink some. Jisung let out a sigh, resting his head back down on the pillow.

"Min...where's...Minho hyung?" he asked between deep breaths. Hyunjin knew the younger was in no condition to be taking any stress. "He's fine, completely uninjured, but he had to take care of some business regarding that man". Jisung closed his eyes, trying to remember why he was lying in this hospital bed. The only recollection he had was him walking into that warehouse, but never walking out. "Hey, what you need right now is rest. Everything will be explained once you feel better, alright?" Hyunjin reassured, earning a slow nod. He was happy to wake up and see his friend by his side, but was it bad he wished it was someone else?

Minho was in an interrogation room, being questioned by the chief himself. Chan had to stay as objective as he could, disregarding his own experience with the incident for now. "Minho, the man was found with three bullet holes, one on his forearm, the other on his thigh, the last one near his abdomen, were those your doing?", Chan asked. "They were" Minho replied, emotionless.

"Why did you shoot him?". Although Chan was there, he had to follow through with this procedure, despite knowing the truth of the situation. He was trying his best to ask questions that could potentially help Minho in his court trial. "He shot my boyfriend". Now, Chan was hoping he would say something along the lines of he tried shooting me first.

"Do you know if that man had the initial intent to shoot at Han Jisung?". Minho shook his head, "It was supposed to me". Chan nodded, making sure his recording device was on. Outside the small room stood Changbin and Han Jina, looking at the two through a glass window. "Throughout your time in the warehouse, did you ever plan on shooting him?". Minho once again shook his head, "Only if I had to, which I did".

Chan nodded, taking a few notes, before ending the recording. "Min", the said male looked up at the officer. "I got word a while back that man's surgery was successful, you'll be having a court hearing within this month. Mrs.Han and Seungmin will be your appointed lawyers, sound good?". Minho let out a sigh, "How's Jisung?". "He's fine, he gained consciousness. Hyunjin messaged me saying he asked for you first thing".

A small smile spread across his face, but it faded just as fast as it came. "I pulled some strings and you'll be on bail for the time being until your court hearing takes place" Chan informed Minho, and at that news the younger of the two was visibly relieved. He thought he'd be put into a jail cell, but being on bail meant he could go home, even if it was just for a short amount of time. "Yeah yeah, you're welcome", Chan chuckled.

Minho looked as though he was ready to dash out the building the second he was given the cue. "Changbin, I'll need you to stay behind for today. Mrs.Han, Minho, I can drop you two at the hospital". The two thanked Chan for his kind offer. "Minho". Mrs.Han placed a gentle hand on the absent-minded boy, bringing him back from the depths of his mind. "You didn't truly believe that would end up without blood being shed, did you?", she asked.

The truth was, he knew it would span out exactly like this, the only difference was he thought it would be him who was bleeding out. "It wasn't supposed to be Jisung". She shook her head, "No, it wasn't supposed to be anyone, but it just so happened that it was Jisung. In that moment, I was scared, more scared than I had ever been in my life, but we both know Jisung is a fighter. My son knew he's far stronger than you could ever imagine to be, which is precisely why he pushed you away when that bullet was shot", she proudly stated in teasing manner to lighten the mood, and it seemed to work as Minho let out a small laugh, and an underlying smile remained on his face. "There's no denying that", he whispered under his breath.