𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XXXII

Jisung sat close to Minho, "Min, Changbin hyung doesn't know about, you know.." the younger whispered, but the other simply smiled, "It's about time he finds out". To say Jisung wasn't nervous would be a lie, afterall Changbin was a dedicated police officer, how would he feel knowing his best friend was about to become a mafia boss. Minho took hold of the younger's hand, gently rubbing it, "It'll be okay angel". It's these subtle gestures of affection and small words of encouragement that always brought him the most comfort, especially when they came from Minho. 

"Changbin, this is Hyunjin, my boyfriend. Hyunjin these are my friends, you already know Jisung, you met Felix, and that's Felix's boyfriend, Changbin".  They exchanged warm glances and smiles with one another. "But my question is why was I told he left you? Thought it didn't work out, and why does Minho know him?" Changbin questioned. Seungmin quickly thought of something to say before things got awkward, "He did leave, but we ended up sorting things through-" 

"I'll explain" Minho interrupted, giving Seungmin a grateful smile for trying to back him up. Changbin was confused as to how Minho had anything to do with this, but let him continue. Even though all the rest of them knew, he couldn't help but feel the nerves kick in. "All right, just hear me out without questions first". Jisung took hold of the elder's hand, giving it a slight squeeze. 

"Hyunjin works under my father's mafia that I'll be taking over soon". As expected, Changbin acted as if what he heard was spoken in a foreign language. "The CEO Lee you know was a mafia boss long before he started that weaponry business, mostly for him to gain reputation and power in case he ever got caught. I had to leave 3 years ago due to him finding out about the unapproved relationship between Jisung and I, Hyunjin leaving for the same reason, otherwise we'd be putting their lives on the line". 

Seungmin shot Hyunjin a comforting smile, before directing his attention back to Minho. Felix, no matter how many times he heard this, found it to be so interesting. The mafia was something he's only ever read about in books, and as a mystery/crime fan he felt so cool to have people who were actually part of one in his life. Changbin, on the other hand, found digesting everything being thrown at him impossible. The CEO Lee who provided all that money, all those weapons to his police force, the one who always greeted everyone with the most welcoming smile, giving money to the small companies, is a mafia boss? It can't be, it just can't. 

"All this time I've been training to take it over, Hyunjin as my underboss, and once that's done, it'll be over for good. We'll be able to live how we want without having him control every second of our life, without having the fear of them", he looked over to Seungmin and Jisung, "being taken away from us". 

Changbin shut his eyes tight, letting his head fall into his hands, "So you're telling me your father, CEO Lee, is a mafia boss?". Minho let out a sigh, "I know it's hard to take in, but yes". Felix gently rubbed his boyfriend's back, "I'm sorry Binnie, I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to, I promised, and it was for the best". Changbin lifted his head, looking over at the younger who was practically in tears, afraid that he had made the elder upset. "It's okay lixie, I understand". 

"I'm also sorry hyung, I know it's not something that should have been kept from you, but I wanted the least amount of people to know as possible, at least until Min came back", Jisung spoke up this time. No, Changbin wasn't upset, but it just wasn't sitting right, Minho was going to become a mafia boss? In his definition a mafia does unruly things, the most illegal things, so was Minho going to do that stuff? 

"I can see you're confused, ask away", Minho spoke up, noticing the wrinkles forming on his friend's forehead. "I mean you can't expect anything less from an officer", he chuckled rather dryly, with little to no hint of humor. "What exactly does your father do? What makes him a mafia boss?". "It's a position that's been handed down for quite some time in my family. He aims to get insight on the government, political administrations, and other businesses by sending his people in as spies, that way he can get in on personal and private information to grow his weaponry business. I'm sure you remember the mass murder case many years ago at that small law firm, it was done as they had caught onto my father, but the case was covered up since the company was small, and my father had more power, pretty much what you'd expect a mafia boss to be, someone who takes down anyone in the way of their power".