𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 LX

The sky was now rid of any hints of the sun shining upon it, rather there was a different form of light. Fireworks lit up the dark sky as the boys sat on the grass surrounded by many others. There was a lantern festival nearby they had decided to attend. Jisung sat with his head resting on Minho's shoulder, hand in hand. Jisung looked up from his shoulder to peek at the face of his fiancé, watching as the lights lit his face up. 

Minho looked down, finding the boy to be just as ethereal as his Iris' lit up with different colors. He leaned down, capturing his lips in a short kiss. "I'm so happy," Jisung whispered above the distant booms of the fireworks. "So am I my love, more than you can imagine." Soon enough the firework show had finished, and it was now time to light up the floating lanterns. 

Changbin and Felix grabbed two for themselves. "Binnie! We're supposed to write each other a letter on them!" he instructed. "Sounds good princess". The two wrote a short letter for one another, exchanging the lanterns once finished. Felix looked over his lantern. "The fireworks, these lanterns, not even the sun can compare to how bright you shine in my eyes, I love you princess". 

A happy pout covered Felix's lips as he looked over to Changbin who had tears in his eyes reading his lantern. "My strong handsome kind Binnie, thank you for finding me that day on the bridge. You wanna know a little secret? I sat across the police station cause this hot officer had caught my eye, turns out that hot officer ended up catching me- or tackling me off that very bridge hehe I love you 3000 :3". 

The two shared warm glances before letting their lanterns go, watching as they flew farther away amongst the many other lanterns. Anyone could tell, even from miles and miles away, these two were simply meant for one another. 

Chan ran over to Jeongin holding two lanterns. "Here you are Sunshine" he said handing one of the two over, along with a black sharpie. They sat comfortably on the grass for a few moments before exchanging the lanterns. "Meeting you was truly unexpected, but I knew the second I laid eyes on that beautiful smile and those adorable dimples, I wanted to be the one to protect them, I wanted to be the one who saw them the most, and the person who could bring them upon your face, now look to the side for a little surprise". 

Jeongin quickly shifted his attention to the side, and his eyes lit up at the sight of the cotton candy in his boyfriend's hand. He reached for but Chan pulled his hand away in a sudden movement and their faces were now centimeters apart. "You'll have to pay up sunshine". Jeongin's face was now flushed pink. He looked down at the other's lips, looking around a bit before leaning in to leave a small peck, or at least what he thought be a small peck until Chan had grabbed the back of his neck. 

Their lips lingered for a minute before Chan pulled away smirking. Jeongin let his head fall onto the other's shoulder, holding his arm out as Chan placed the cotton candy in his hand. "Let's go, we have to let the lanterns go sunshine", Chan chuckled at the shy state his boyfriend was in. The two walked up to the large pond surrounded by people, letting go of their lanterns as they floated off. "Thanks for the cotton candy hyung" Jeongin looked up at the other. "No need to thank me. Seeing that smile of yours is all I need." The two exchanged a warm glance, letting their bodies lean onto one another as they looked up at the sky full of lanterns. 

"Here". Seungmin handed a lantern and pen to Hyunjin. "Thanks beautiful". There was something Seungmin had been wanting to tell Hyunjin, and couldn't think of a better way to do so. A few minutes later they exchanged their lanterns. "Oh to be Kim Seungmin and have the most handsome and perfect husband as I...but to be Hwang Hyunjin is just another level of lucky, cause he has someone who has the looks, the brains, and all of the above. Love you pup, more than anyone in this entire world." 

Seungmin bit his smile back, looking to the side at wide eyed and teary Hyunjin who seemed to be reading over the lantern over and over. "Three years ago you told me about your desire to go to the mountains. The look your eyes held simply talking about them was one I wanted to see again, so be ready next week, Switzerland awaits.". 

He looked over in disbelief, "Are you serious? Of course you are, you're Seungmin, but...are you serious serious?" Hyunjin rambled on, earning a chuckle from the other. "Yes, I am serious serious". Without even realizing, he had let go of the lantern as it floated off, bringing Seungmin in for a hug. Seungmin let out a sigh, letting his go as well. "We were supposed to let them go at the same time dummy". 

Hyunjin simply sobbed into the boy's shoulder. Seungmin smiled at his husband's reaction, feeling satisfied he was happy. He pat the boy's black hair, looking up at the distant lanterns. Although they had let their lanterns go at different times, they had somehow found their ways to one another, floating off to the full moon side by side. 

Minho sat on the soft grass next to his fiancé, handing over one of the two lanterns he was holding. "Thank you Minmin, no peeking!". He faced away from the other, writing his short letter as Minho did the same. They took a few minutes reading over their own ones before exchanging them. "Minmin, my soulmate, my fiancé, and future hubby. When I try to remember my life before these six years, I simply can't, as my life truly started the second you entered it. I love you, more than cheesecake •⩊•". 

Minho let out a chuckle with tear filled eyes, hugging the lantern close to his chest. "My angel, my little squirrel, my love. Your existence has turned my life into the most beautiful story, one that I know will have the happiest ending. Words simply can't come close to describing the feelings you make me feel, but if there's one thing I could tell you, it's written in the sky". 

Jisung looked up at the sky, and a small gasp left his mouth. With the use of planes, "I love you, my angel" was written in the night sky surrounded by lit up floating lanterns. It was as though it was a scene out of a movie. The stars shining, the beautiful text, glowing lanterns. He turned to the side, and a pair of lips instantly met his own. 

He melted into the touch, pulling away as their foreheads rested against one anothers. The rest of the group had joined the couple, taking a seat next to them in a line. Jisung looked to the left and right, feeling the warmth of being surrounded by pure happiness, surrounded by his family. 

He shifted his attention to the one directly next to him, the two smiled at one another and leaned in for one last kiss. The eight sat cuddled close together, looking up at the lanterns as a single thought roamed their minds. Whether you call it an accident, whether you call it a coincidence, perhaps even fate, they were all meant to meet, they were soulmates.

T̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶n̶d̶  And It Was Just The Beginning.