𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XXVIII

Seungmin finished his late night shift at the cafe he had been working at for the past years. Being a paid intern at one of the biggest law firms and coming from a rich family meant he could easily quit this job, but it was never about money for him. Cafes brought comfort to him, but especially this one. Afterall, it was where he had met a very special someone. 

The 11pm night sky glistened with the full moon on display. A cold winter breeze blew through the blonde streaks in his hair, but he enjoyed it, walking to the familiar bridge he had gotten into the habit of going to after his shift ended. The wind got heavier as he neared the bridge, occasionally closing his eyes as it blew against his face as the river's waves could finally be heard. He walked alongside the railing, looking down at the moon's reflection in the river. It reminded him of the day Hyunjin took him here, the same full moon, the same gentle breeze, the sound of waves, but the most important factor was missing. 

He walked further into the bridge, but stopped in his tracks. Where he usually stood was a stranger dressed in a large hoodie and pair of sweatpants. His hair was long, but the color couldn't be made out due to the darkness. Seungmin pinched his brows together, it wasn't everyday he'd see someone out here in the depths of night standing exactly where he typically does. Nonetheless, he ignored the stranger, deciding on coming back tomorrow. He took a small glance at the stranger's back while passing him, something about that red hair seemed oddly familiar, as if he's seen it before, but he threw that thought at the back of his head, walking slightly faster. 

"Leaving again, huh?". He froze, hearing the sound of slow footsteps making their way towards him just before a pair of arms wrapped around his body from behind. "Some things just never change. The first time I brought you here I had to trap you just like this to keep you from running off", the red-haired male chuckled, turning the teary boy around within his arms, interwinding his hands behind the younger's waist. "Hey pup", Hyunjin whispered, gazing into those starstrucked eyes. 

Seungmin let out a small gasp, it finally hit him. Without wasting another second, he threw his arms around the elder, letting out tears of joy. Hyunjin let out a small giggle, bringing their bodies closer by the waist, nuzzling his face within Seungmin's neck. The full moon, gentle breeze, sound of waves, and now the missing factor, it was all there. Such simple things that held so much meaning was all they needed in this moment. 

Hyunjin rubbed the crying boy's back, before gently pulling his face away, but their bodies were still glued together. He wiped the tears away with his thumbs, looking into those pretty brown eyes. He couldn't specifically tell what it was, but Seungmin had definitely gotten even more attractive than the last time he saw him. He still had those puppy-like eyes, those soft cheeks, but something was different, something that pulled him even deeper. 

Seungmin found himself studying his features, running his hand through Hyunjin's long red hair, tracing those cat-like eyes, and finally running his finger down that sharp jawline. Tears pricked Seungmin's eyes once again. If this moment was one he had waited for so long, why was he having so much trouble speaking up. Taking note of this, Hyunjin ever so slightly pulled their bodies away, hands resting on the hesitant boy's sides. "Talk to me, Seung". 

It was silent for a few moments as the wind blew against them. "Why did you leave me?", he finally asked with a heart shattering gaze. Hyunjin took in a sharp breath, as guilt rushed through him. "I didn't have a choice pup, really. I tried everything in my control to come back, but that came with the risk of losing you, that probably doesn't make much sense to you, but just know I couldn't let that happen, even if it meant I'd have to stop seeing you". Seungmin understood what he meant, but simply nodded, acting oblivious. 

Hyunjin lifted his head, letting out a small chuckle at that adorable pout. Seungmin glanced at those lips that wore a slight smirk, slowly bringing his thumb up to brush over them. Hyunjin took this chance to lean in closer, leaving only inches between them, and just as Hyunjin was about to crash their lips together, the other blocked it with his finger, pushing the elder's lips away. At this, the red haired boy let out a small whine, which Seungmin completely ignored, leaving small kisses on his cheek, going down to his jaw. Hyunjin's breath hitched at the feeling. He wanted more than just those feathery kisses, and it didn't help that Seungmin's lips were barely brushing against his skin.