𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XXIV

Jisung's heartbeat quickened, his eyes shot open, breathing hitched. It couldn't be, could it? All the voices blurred around him, except the pounding heartbeat echoing through his mind. "Ji...Jisu...Jisung!". Quickly shaking himself out of it, Jisung's eyes darted towards his two friends giving him concerned looks. "Sungie you look so pale!", Felix brought his hand up to the dazed boy's forehead, "Doesn't seem like you have a fever". Taking a deep breath, Jisung took a long sip of his coffee. "Sorry, I just felt dizzy", Seungmin furrowed his brows. "You work too hard Sung, I doubt you even get a good amount of sleep". 

To this, Felix aggressively nodded his head, "I agree! Minnie when's your shift starting?". Looking at his watch, Seungmin let out a sigh, "I should probably get going now". "All right! I'll take Sungie home and make sure he gets lots of rest then we'll meet you once your shift ends!". The two bid their goodbyes to Seungmin, as Felix dragged Jisung with him. "Lix, I have to go to work too-", Felix abruptly brought his finger up to shush the squirrel-like boy, "I'll tell Binnie to tell Chan, you're not going to work like this". Jisung didn't even have the energy to argue back. His head was fuzzy and heart unnaturally fast. 

They took the bus to Felix's shared apartment, making their way up to the top floor. "Now, you rest while I make some yummy brownies!". After some more convincing, Jisung stomped over to the guest bedroom, falling onto the bed with a deep sigh. That's when all the thoughts came back. Was it the Hyunjin he knew? Does Seungmin know about what he does? So many emotions, both good and anxiety-ridden, filled his mind. After letting his mind run for a few more minutes, he felt exhausted, slowly falling into a deep sleep. 

Letting out a muffled groan, Jisung pushed the hand trying to wake him up away. "Angel, wake up". The voice echoed through his ears, slowly shifting his head to the side. His vision was slightly blurred due to just waking up, but it was a face he could recognize even when blind. "Minho hyung...", Jisung mumbled, reaching his hand towards the boy sitting by his side on the bed. Letting a few tears escape, he shot up, pulling him into a tight hug. 

Felix sat there, at first confused but soon enough he understood, gently rubbing his friend's back, "Sungie, it's me Lixie". Hearing this, the sobbing boy slowly backed away with a few sniffles, realizing it was indeed not who he thought it was, "Sorry Lix". Gently wiping the tears away, Felix pulled him into another tight hug. "You have nothing to be sorry about Sungie". After moments of sitting within one another's embrace, Felix pushed Jisung away, holding him by the shoulders, "but you will if you don't eat my brownies!", he pulled the giggling boy by the arm, dragging him down the stairs. 

"Minnie's shift ends in around an hour, Binnie said he'll drop us off!", the two sat on the kitchen stools munching down the delicious brownies. All Jisung could manage was a slow nod, still confused as to how he would react if it was the Hyunjin he knew. Just then, Changbin walked into the kitchen. "Thought I smelt brownies" he said, taking hold of three brownies. "Hey! Those are for Sungie not you!" Felix got up, chasing his boyfriend around the kitchen. "You were eating them too baby!". Jisung simply sat there, letting out a laugh at their silly behavior as a warm feeling rushed through him.

Minho looked over at Jisung with a death stare, "oops", the younger whimpered before making a run for it. He had accidentally thrown a bag of flour onto his boyfriend's head while they were attempting to bake some cookies. Minho chased him around in the small apartment, swiftly grabbing him by the waist from behind. Jisung let out a yelp as he was flung onto the sofa with Minho hovering above. "

Hyung get off! You have flour all over you!". Jisung closed his eyes as some of it fell onto his face. "Who's fault was it again?", Minho stated in an unamused voice. In a failed attempt to hold back his laugh, Jisung grabbed onto the elder's shoulders to steady himself. "Hyung...you-you're face", he burst out into another fit of laughter as a smirk crept onto Minho's face. He rubbed his hair onto the laughing boy's face, the flour falling straight into his mouth.