𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 LVI

The dreaded, yet most awaited day had arrived. Jisung fixed up Minho's tie, as the other's hands rested on his slimmed waist within his police attire. He looked up under the loving gaze he was receiving. "This is gonna be a long day hyung, but at the end of it we'll walk out that courthouse together, holding hands while smiling". Minho smiled, tucking a strand of loose hair behind the younger's ear, whispering "Both of us this time". 

At their arrival, the judge was already seated up front, looking over the files of both the prosecutor and the defendant. Jisung made his way to take a seat on a chair near the right wall, where the witnesses for Minho's side were seated, including Chan, Changbin, Jeongin, Felix, and Hyunjin. A bit more near the middle sat Seungmin, Mrs.Han, and Minho. On the other side of the courtroom, the defendant's side had made themselves comfortable, including the man Minho oh so hoped he could simply disappear from his life. 

Slowly but surely the jurors made their way into the courtroom, taking a seat in their designated area which was near the back. Minho and Jisung held eye contact, comforting one another through all the unspoken words. They were brought out of their trance hearing the Bailiff's voice up front. "Please rise!". Every individual within the courtroom stood at the command. "The court of Seoul City is now in session, the honorable judge Lee Donwook presiding". 

The judge looked to both sides. "What is today's case", he directed the question towards the Bailiff. "Today's case concerns 23 year old Lee Minho, and 44 year old old Lee Minjoon". With that statement, the Bailiff instructed everyone to take a seat. "Is the prosecution ready?". Seungmin stood up, his posture straight in that fitted suit, his hair parted neatly revealing his forehead, "Yes your honor". 

"Is the defense ready?". the lawyer defending the man stood up, "Yes your honor". "Prosecution, you may present your opening statements at this time", the judge declared. Seungmin walked up with confident strides, standing behind the stand. "Lee Minho, he is the son of Lee Minjoon, CEO of the Lee's weaponry business, and partial owner of Lee Minjoon's mafia". Some whispers were heard amongst the jurors at the last statement, and the judge raised a brow. 

"The mafia business was adapted into the Lee family years ago, and the position was handed down to the son of the family. As Lee Minho is the only son, it was inevitable the position would be his at some point. Despite his efforts to shut the offer down, Lee Minjoon made ten times more the effort to ensure Lee Minho's life would be made so he would not be able to deny the position. In today's case, I will be fighting for the innocence of Lee Minho, and prove the shots he directed towards Lee Minjoon were solely out of self defense." 

With that he left the stand, going back to his designated seat. He took a glance at Hyunjin to see how he did, and felt a relief as not only his boyfriend, but all his friends sent proud smiles his way. The defense attorney gave their opening statement, and it was already clear to the rest they were putting forth their best effort to prove that man wasn't guilty. It was now time for Seungmin to present all the evidence they had to offer. 

He firstly started off by opening up about Minho's past, this would allow the jury to understand Minho a bit better, and it was apparent the defense was not fond of this as they tried their best to object to every statement Seungmin made. "I would now like to present evidence of Lee Minjoon's mafia position as the CEO. Your honor, in front of you are documents of the illegal trades, murdered innocents, and business partners Lee Minjoon has worked with". 

The judge looked over them. Prior to the case, these documents were checked to see if they were fabricated, and it was found they were indeed signed by Lee Minjoon himself. "Your honor, do I have permission to play recordings the witness Lee Felix collected?". "You do". 

"Keep an eye on that son of mine, I must ensure he does not betray me after I hand over the mafia position. Kill anyone who seems to be getting in the way."