𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XIV

"Turn left from here, then we should be there". As instructed by Hyunjin, Minho made a sharp turn, parking his car slightly farther away from Jisung's location. "You two stay here unless I tell you otherwise". Hyunjin didn't like that idea, "But hyung-", "No buts Hwang, if it gets messy, I'll radio you", and with that, Minho left the car, creeping over to the abandoned wooden building. It wasn't too big, but definitely large for a hideaway. 

No one was outside the building, giving him easier access to look inside. He slowly peeked through the small crack on the door. Darkness and silence. He took his gun out, slowly opening the creaking door. Now that Minho was inside, the sound of heavy breathing could be heard. "Who are you and what do you want from me?". Minho's eyes widened, that was definitely his boyfriend. Without speaking, he walked closer and closer to the sound of his breathing. "I'll seriously punch you in the face if you don't let me go". The elder couldn't help but let out a silent chuckle at his boyfriend's attempt at sounding threatening. 

Once close enough, he could see that Jisung was tied to a chair with a blindfold. Oh how he couldn't wait to get his hands on the one who did this. He slowly walked to the chair, using a knife to cut the rope that tied Jisung's hands together. Jisung jumped a little by the sudden touch, but remained quiet. Minho kneeled in front of the boy, cutting the rope that tied his feet. Jisung quickly took his blindfold off, but even then the darkness made it seem as if they were still on. 

Minho cupped the younger's cheeks, visibly feeling him melt into the touch. "Minho hyung..?", a warm smile spread across Minho, "That's me". Jisung threw his arms around his boyfriend's neck, nuzzling his face into it. "I was so scared hyung", Jisung let out a sob as Minho stood him up from the chair, pulling him impossibly close. "So was I, angel", he whispered back. Just then, the lights turned on. Minho quickly pulled away, putting Jisung behind him while tightly holding his hand. 

There they were, surrounded by countless men pointing guns directly at them, and there he was, the man that made Minho's blood boil. "You walked right into my trap son, you have much to learn". Minho's grip on Jisung's hand tightened, turns out it's exactly who he expected. His eyes grew cold, "What the hell do you want?". The man let out a low chuckle, "I told you what I wanted 3 weeks ago". Minho clenched his jaw, "I'm done doing what you can't fucking manage to do yourself". 

Just then, a few men walked in, each one covered in blood. Minho's breath hitched when he saw who those men were holding. Jeongin was thrown to the floor, also covered in blood. "There were two, one got away, this one decided to stick around, put up a good fight". One of the men spoke up, kicking Jeongin in the stomach. "Don't fucking touch him!", Minho spat, pointing his gun directly at the man. Jisung's breathing got heavier. Guns were pointed at the three boys from all directions, it was a losing battle for Minho. 

He looked at his father with rage, changing the direction of his gun so it was pointing at him now, "Let them go". A maniacal laugh left the man's mouth, "I want nothing to do with them son, come back with me and they will be left unarmed, put up a fight, well, let's just say it won't end well for you". Jisung noticed how Minho wasn't saying anything. He turned the quiet boy towards him, shaking his head, "No, no, you can't leave me hyung". Minho looked down into those desperate eyes, his own immediately tearing up, "Hannie..", Jisung continued shaking his head as tears blurred his vision. 

Minho gently cupped his cheeks, wiping the tears away, "Listen to me baby". Jisung refused to do so, looking down. Minho lifted his face by the chin, "I'm not leaving you, I'll never leave you", he whispered so his voice was only heard by the younger, "but more so I can't see you get hurt". Jisung let out a sob, "You not by my side will hurt me the most". Minho pulled Jisung in for a tight hug, whispering into his ear, "This isn't goodbye Angel, whatever it takes, I'll be back". They looked each other in the eyes, making an unspoken promise. 

Minho looked away, his eyes instantly losing the warmth they just had, "Let me take Jeongin to a hospital, then I'll come right back". His father thought for a moment, "All right, but one of my men will go with you". As much as Minho wanted to rebel, he nodded, taking Jisung by the hand. "Help him in the car", Minho spoke to two men, before walking to his car. Jisung sat in the passenger seat while an injured Jeongin and a bodyguard sat in the back. He wanted to say something, anything, but he was one word away from a breakdown. He didn't want these last moments with Minho to be remembered as a sad memory, so he simply held onto his spare hand as tight as he possibly could, all the while Jeongin was drowning in his own guilt. 

Once at the hospital, Minho and Jisung helped the younger boy in. The injuries weren't too bad, but there were still bruises and blood. Nurses immediately took him into a separate room, while Minho took Jisung back into the car, "Get out", without a word, the man left the car, giving the two some time alone. As much as Jisung tried not to, quiet tears left his eyes. Minho leaned in closer, grabbing the younger by his nape and resting their foreheads together, "Let me see that smile of yours". An ocean spilled through Jisung's eyes, but he smiled. 

Minho's heart broke at the sight, "I love you Han Jisung, and I always will. I'll be back for you". Minho left a lasting kiss on the younger's forehead. "I love you too Lee Minho, and I won't stop looking until I find you". This time Jisung kissed the elder on the lips. It was a kiss full of all the emotions they were feeling, sadness, anger, fear, love, and one they didn't want to separate from. The two slowly pulled away, both having glistening eyes, "I'll drop you off home". With a broken smile, Jisung nodded, wondering how he could be dropped home, when his home was the one going away.

Minho honked the car's horn, letting the man know they were done. He drove as slow as he possibly could, wanting to engrave the warm feeling of those small hands within his own, to never forget what it felt like holding peace, but no matter how slow he drove, at some point he would reach the destination, having to let go of the younger's hand, having to let go of Jisung. After 20 minutes, they arrived. Minho brought the younger's shaking hands up to his lips, giving them a lasting kiss. 

The two looked into each other's eyes, playing all the memories they had with one another. The first time they met, when Minho was absolutely hopeless and found hope within Jisung. When Jisung was a hopeless romantic and found love in Minho. When Minho's world was full of darkness and found light within Jisung. When Jisung wanted to hold someone close, let them know how much they deserved to be loved, and found Minho who needed to be told so. The hugs they shared, the kisses they shared, the laughter, the teasing, everything that felt like forever slowly disappeared. 

Jisung felt like he was suffocating, his heart felt as if it were being squeezed in the most excruciating way, he couldn't handle it, so he left, not taking one glance back. As fast as his feet could take him, he ran straight up to his apartment, falling straight to the ground as soon as he crashed that door closed. He screamed at the top of his lungs, hoping someone would hear, anyone, some higher being, some sort of mythical creature who could grant him a wish, someone who could just somehow make this all a nightmare instead of reality. 

The thought of not waking up in his arms, not tasting his delicious food, not drinking his coffee, not hearing that pet name he was so used to, not having someone to pick him up from school, not getting random back hugs, not getting cute notes, not having someone to watch horror movies with, not having someone to remind him adorable he was, not having someone to admire the poetic way he spoke, not having someone to go on late night walks with, not having someone to love the way he loved him, not having Minho killed him. That night, Jisung cried himself to sleep, ignoring the many missed calls from his friends, hoping that this was all a nightmare, and that he would wake up in the arms of his lover.