𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XXII

Hours went by, and Seungmin had never wished for time to go faster the way he did today. At last, 10pm. He walked out, locking the door from the outside, turning around to be facing the black haired boy he'd been longing to see. "Right on time", Hyunjin smirked. Seungmin rolled his eyes, pushing the boy away from his face. "Shall we?", the elder asked, holding his hand out. With slight hesitation, Seungmin took his hand, intertwining them. He was still getting used to all these romantic gestures. 

"Where are we going?", Seungmin spoke up after 5 minutes of silent walking. Hyunjin slightly swung their hands, "You'll just have to wait and see~" he said, mocking what the younger had said yesterday. A slight breeze swept through the night air, causing Seungmin who was only wearing a thin jacket to shiver. Noticing this, Hyunjin pulled him closer to the warmth of his body, wrapping an arm around his frame, "Better?". The younger slowly nodded, looking straight ahead with a light blush. 

After a peaceful stroll, they arrived at Han river. Only this time the view of the river wasn't below them, but in front. Hyunjin had planned a picnic at a spot that gave a perfect view of the river. With a wide smile, Seungmin ran over to the blanket that laid out on the grass. On it was a candle, a vase full of flowers, a few snacks and books. He turned around, facing Hyunjin who seemed to be in a dilemma. Slowly, he walked over to the elder, "What's wrong?". Letting out a sigh, Hyunjin took hold of the younger's hands. "You might think I'm good with stuff like this, but it's actually my first time going on a date". 

This shocked Seungmin, of course he thought Hyunjin would have been on many dates due to his flirty nature. "I know it's not much for a first date-" he was cut off with a finger on his lips. "It's perfect", Seungmin reassured in a warm voice. Hyunjin let out a sigh of relief, wrapping his arms around the younger. Seungmin returned the hug, closing his eyes at the warmth. Gently removing himself from the embrace, Hyunjin walked over to the picnic blanket, sitting down as he rested his back against a tree, patting the spot between his legs. Not wasting another second, Seungmin sat himself between the elder's legs, his back resting against Hyunjin's chest. His eyes instinctively closed, feeling the steady breathing coming from the boy he was leaning against. 

"Hwang Hyunjin, 19, I like reading, painting, music, boxing, and especially Kim Seungmin". Confused, the younger looked over at him, "What are you doing?". Hyunjin wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, resting his chin on Seungmin's shoulder. "You said I'll get an answer once you get to know me", he said with an innocent shrug. Seungmin let out a scoff, turning his gaze back at the view in front of him. "Kim Seungmin, 18, I like reading, studying, working, writing, staying organized", "and..?" Hyunjin exaggerated with a smirk. "Hwang Hyunjin", he mumbled. "Sorry, I couldn't hear that, mind repeating what you said?", Hyunjin teased. "That sounds like a personal problem", Seungmin blatantly stated, to which the boy let out a chuckle. 

"Do you go to college?" Seungmin asked, completely oblivious of the panic Hyunjin had gotten from that simple question. "Oh, well, I mean no, I could but I don't, I do something else, and it's not college but it's something..." he rambled on and on, voice getting smaller with each word spoken. Seungmin let out a giggle, one that completely melted Hyunjin's heart, "Alright then, let me rephrase that. What do you do for a living?". If Hyunjin panicked before, this was a breakdown. What was he supposed to say? 'Oh I just work for this murderous mafia as a detective'. He didn't want to lie to Seungmin, not only because it was simply wrong, but because he was terrible at lying, and Seungmin could catch a lie from miles away. 

Taking note of the increase in his heartbeat, Seungmin turned out. Sweat dripping down his forehead, hands shaking, Hyunjin looked down at the blanket. Seungmin took hold of those shaking hands, "If my question is having this much of a toll on you, don't answer it". Hearing this slightly calmed him down, as he shifted his gaze, meeting eyes with the younger. "Sorry, I'm just not ready, but I promise to let you know one day!". Seungmin let out a chuckle, flicking his forehead, "Even if you don't, I'll get it out of you". In a split second, he was pulled closer by the wrist, faces inches apart. "I'd like to see you try", Hyunjin whispered in a low voice with a smirk. Seungmin returned the smirk, "Trust me, you don't", he whispered back, before turning around to lean against the elder's chest once again, grabbing a nearby book, which happened to be a mystery one.