𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 XVI

~1 year later~

Within the next year of longing and missing, the two eventually picked themselves back up, not just for their own sake, but with the other in mind as well. Jisung started going back to school after a week of absences. On weekends he woke up at 10, since that's when Minho would usually have breakfast ready. He still went on late night walks, he stayed up late watching movies, he took late night baths, the only difference was that Minho wasn't by his side, yet that made all the difference. 

Minho trained for hours, day and night, training to take over the company, and yes, this meant he had to prove that he was on that man's side, whatever it took to do that. He would stay up late, gazing at the stars, wondering if a special someone would be doing so too. He wrote small notes everyday, in hopes of one day being able to give them to the one he thought of whilst writing them. 

"Lixie, get your foot away from my face", Jisung sternly spoke, shoving the foot away. The three friends were currently over at Felix and Changbin's large apartment complex, attempting to study for their upcoming midterms. "OW! Did you just bite my foot!?", Felix sat up, caressing his bitten foot. "Minnie, he just bit my foot!", Felix crawled over to Seungmin who was laying down at the other side of the room, actually trying to be productive. 

Seungmin had grown very close to the two, in fact they couldn't go a day without being over at either of their houses. "You shoved your foot in his mouth, what did you expect", Felix rolled his eyes, snatching the book Seungmin was studying from. "LEE FELIX YOU GIVE THAT BACK!", he ran out his room giggling, flying down the stairs. "We've been studying for hours! Let's take a teeny tiny break!", Jisung suggested, lazily walking down the stairs. "Fine, just a small one", Seungmin gave in. Felix threw himself onto the unwilling boy, "Yay! Let's watch a movie!". 

The three squished themselves together on the large couch, "Let's watch a horror movie!". Jisung bit his lip, he was never good with horror movies, and whenever he did watch them, Minho would always be there, hugging him to sleep. Nonetheless, he agreed, not wanting to ruin the fun for his friends. Felix quickly turned all the lights off, leaving the apartment in complete darkness as night had fallen. Jisung grew more and more anxious as the movie went by. Minho had been on his mind a lot more today, and this movie being one he watched with him wasn't helping. 

Soon enough, quiet sobs left his mouth, catching his friend's attention. Felix quickly paused the movie, turning his attention towards Jisung, who had his face stuffed in a cushion. "Sung..what's wrong?", Seungmin rubbed small circles on the boy's back. Felix walked over to the other side of Jisung, the two friends hugging him from either side. "I miss him, so much", he murmured from the cushion. Seungmin had found out about Jisung's situation shortly after it occurred, and felt terrible for the boy. Yes he wasn't too much into romantic relationships himself, despite that he couldn't imagine going through what his friend was. 

"As much as I don't wanna admit it, I do too Sungie", Felix had shed a few tears himself, not going unnoticed by Seungmin. He sat himself between the two, letting them both cry into his chest. "I'm sure he misses you both as well, and is doing all he can to come back", he gently rubbed his crying friends' backs. "Sung, you're one of the strongest and most selfless person I've met, don't hold back your tears, cry when you want to, I'll always be there to hold you, and you as well Lix". 

After another 15 minutes of comforting and crying, the front door opened. "Felix?", Changbin called out. At this point, Felix would have already crashed into the elder, so this not happening slightly concerned Changbin. He walked into the dark living room. What he didn't expect to see were two sleeping boys resting their heads on either of Seungmin's thigh once he turned the light on. Seungmin put his finger towards his own mouth, signaling Changbin to stay quiet. 

With small nods, the elder walked up to his room, setting his files and other documents down, before walking back down. "What happened here?", he whispered. "We were watching a movie and Sung kind of started crying then Lix started crying and now they're finally sleeping, so hush". Changbin looked at the two, his eyes softening. He missed his friend as well, but never showed it, wanting to be someone Jisung could rely on. "Stay here for the night, it's too late. I'll carry Lix upstairs, you can take Jisung". The two bid their goodnights, Seungmin taking Jisung to the guest bedroom while Changbin took Felix to their shared bedroom.

"Damn you're getting better and better everyday". Hyunjin handed a towel and bottle of water to a very sweaty Minho. He chugged down the water out of breath. He had just finished boxing practice, and to say he was good at it would be an understatement. Not only did he practice boxing over the last few months, he took firearm, dagger, taekwondo, hacking, all sorts of lessons. Never once did he leave the haunting mansion, but that didn't matter. Nothing mattered to Minho except the end goal, Jisung. 

"It's late, you've been practicing all day get some rest. I'm gonna go out and get some groceries, need anything?", Minho shook his head, walking out the large boxing room. Winter was shifting to spring, but the nights were still cold. Hyunjin put his hands into the large pockets of his oversized hoodie. A cool breeze blew through his black hair, it felt amazing. Given his flirty, dramatic, loud exterior, no one would have expected Hyunjin to enjoy the simple things in life, yet those were the things he enjoyed the most. Cafes, art museums, drawing, picnics, late night walks by the ocean, feeling the wind blow through his hair, these simple things gave Hyunjin life. 

On his way back from getting groceries, he noticed a small cafe with its lights still on. A smile crept on his face as his feet automatically turned towards that direction. It was a small cafe, with a warm interior. Plants were scattered around, fairy lights surrounded the wall linings, the overall theme was wooden, making it seem even more cozy, somewhat like a cottage in the middle of a forest. To Hyunjin's luck, he was the only one there. He walked up to the counter, leaning slightly forward to see if anyone was actually here. Just then, a boy who seemed around his age walked out from the back. He had neatly set light brown hair, a puppy-like face, and just looked so cuddly to Hyunjin. 

"Welcome, what can I get for you?". Hyunjin looked down at the boy's name tag, before locking eyes again, "Iced Americano, strawberry cheesecake and...Kim Seungmin". The boy furrowed his eyes, glaring at Hyunjin, "I'll get the first two for you". He let out a chuckle, as Seungmin went to the back, not forgetting to visibly roll his eyes. A few minutes later, he walked back out, setting the cake and coffee on the counter, "$6.50". Hyunjin paid with his card, as Seungmin handed him the coffee and cake. With a flirtatious look, he let his hand slide against the one holding the cup, "I hope that last thing is for sale the next time I come pup". Seungmin watched as the man slightly smirked, walking out the cafe. Rolling his eyes, he quickly washed his hands, cringing at the pet name while murmuring small curses, trying his best to ignore the tingly feeling in his stomach.