Chapter no.10 Lost History

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord :

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

[ 5 Years Before Present Day ]

"If you're a Hyuga, then show us your Byakugan!"

Her eyes stung.

She clasped her hands close, eyes darting about.

"I-I…"

She gulped once and her lips trembled. Her father's voice boomed in her head.

You are the heir to the main clan, Hinata. It's high time that you carry yourself as such. Kindness will get you nowhere in this world.

But fainter – barely a whisper – her mother's words came to mind.

There's enough bloodshed and cruelty in this world, Hinata.

Be that smidge of missing kindness, make friends, talk things out, and maybe things will become better.

Hinata remembered the hope she felt that day.

Looking into the eyes of her assembled classmates, she saw none of what her mother had spoken of.

Her stomach clenched, edging closer to her ribcage.

"I-I…"

"But if you're not, don't look at us." Nobu stomped to the front of the pack with a mocking grin.

"Your eyes are real freaky, huh… Byakugan Monster!"

Hinata gasped – but it came out as a whimper.

Nobu blinked and then snickered.

She squeezed her eyes shut, heat exploding across their lids. Her heart hammered in her chest.

Never in her life had she expected to hear her clan's prized ability be insulted… and insulted because of her.

She wished she were anywhere but here: in the middle of the playground, surrounded by their loud, cruel laughter.

Her father's lessons were at the forefront of her mind.

Always there, so cold and stern.

But Hinata could not adhere to them.

No, she never could.

Never enough; always falling short of his expectations – their expectations.

Her throat trembled with the weight of her fear – a thousand unspoken words strangled.

She opened her eyes to a blurred world, surrounded by her classmates – people she thought she could become friends with.

It was why all of this had begun.

Foolishly, she had hoped that maybe… she could have fun here.

Hinata might have not been very social during the first term, but this was her chance! The invitation to come and play at least allowed some escape from her father's demanding gaze.

Unfortunately, it proved to be the same. Maybe worse, because no one there – save for Neji – had spoken to her like this before.

The circle inched closer, looming over her. Hinata's head swivelled around.