Chapter no.96 Devil's Heroine

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••

[ A Few Minutes Ago ]

In the midst of the eerie doll room, Naruto was contemplating the persistent knocking on the door.

"Why aren't they just breaking it down?" he thought aloud, puzzled. Then it struck him, "Maybe they're trying to keep something in here, not out."

As he scanned the room, his eyes fell on a porcelain doll.

To his shock, the doll's head turned to face him.

Naruto's heart skipped a beat in fear. Reacting instinctively, he swung his katana at the doll, but before he could make contact, a ghostly figure materialized.

"Don't hurt my friends," the ashy ghost implored, blasting Naruto away with a force that sent him crashing through the door.

Coughing and disoriented, Naruto quickly regained his composure and leaped back to his feet. His 'Enhanced Intuitive Insight' kicked in, alerting him to an impending attack. With a swift body flicker, he moved to a safe distance, finding himself in a strange, greyish-white apartment hallway.

"Ladida, ladida," a sing-song voice echoed through the hallway, sending a chill down Naruto's spine. His eyes widened in alarm as he saw the source of the singing – a clown, but not the kind found at a cheerful circus. This clown was the embodiment of nightmares: his makeup smeared and running, creating a ghastly, eerie appearance. In one hand, he wielded a chain sword, the metal glinting menacingly in the dim light. In his other hand, he held a syringe, its contents unknown but undoubtedly sinister.

"Ladida, time to play," the clown sang in a haunting melody, his voice unnaturally cheerful amidst the creepy setting.

Naruto tensed, readying himself for a confrontation. He quickly activated his Observer feat, trying to gather as much information about this new, disturbing enemy as possible. The clown continued to sing, moving slowly towards Naruto, the chain sword dragging along the floor with a grating sound that added to the unnerving atmosphere.

[ Name: Baron Von Mason ]

[ Level: 15 ]

[ Role: Dungeon Monster ]

[ Stats: ]

  - [ HP: 5500 ]

  - [ CP: 1700 ]

  - [ Strength: 28 ]

  - [ Dexterity: 32 ]

  - [ Constitution: 20 ]

  - [ Intelligence: 26 ]

  - [ Wisdom: 22 ]

  - [ Charisma: 5 ]

Naruto struck first, his katanas slicing through the air with precision and speed. The baron parried with his chainsword, the clash of metal echoing through the hallway. The chainsword's links rattled and clanged, creating a discordant symphony as it met Naruto's blades.

The baron swung his chainsword in wide, arcing motions, trying to catch Naruto off guard. Naruto, however, anticipated these moves, used Body Flicker Jutsu to dodge and weave around the attacks. He countered with rapid thrusts and slices, aiming to find a weakness in the baron's defense.

Naruto's katanas moved in a blur, striking from various angles, but the baron was surprisingly agile for his size. He maneuvered his chainsword with a grotesque grace, blocking and deflecting Naruto's relentless assaults. The syringe in his other hand was a constant threat, adding an extra layer of danger to the fight.

The baron managed to land a glancing blow with the chainsword, the links grazing Naruto's side and leaving a shallow cut.

[ Name: Baron Von Mason ]

[ Level: 15 ]

[ Role: Dungeon Monster ]

[ Stats: ]

  - [ HP: 5500 ]

  - [ CP: 1700 ]

  - [ Strength: 28 ]

  - [ Dexterity: 32 ]

  - [ Constitution: 20 ]

  - [ Intelligence: 26 ]

  - [ Wisdom: 22 ]

  - [ Charisma: 5 ]

[ Special Abilities: ]

    - [ Pain Nullification: Immune to pain, allowing him to ignore injuries and continue fighting without hindrance. ]

    - [ Power Pain: The lower his HP gets, the higher his overall stats increase, making him more dangerous as the battle progresses. ]

    - [ Devil's Heroine Syringe: Injects a powerful toxin causing the 'Insanity' status in opponents, leading to hallucinations and erratic behavior. ]

    - [ Chain Sword Mastery: Highly skilled in using his chain sword for swift and lethal strikes. ]

Naruto clicked his tongue, trying a different approach.

"How about we call it a draw? I'll give you my limited edition wasabi-flavored ramen, and you tell me what's going on in this orphanage," he offered, half-jokingly.

The baron shook his head, clearly not interested in Naruto's proposition.

Naruto shrugged in response.

"Worth a try," he said. Without missing a beat, he activated his Fire Style: Ash Pile Burning, releasing a dense cloud of smoke into the hallway.

Amidst the smoke, Naruto quickly used his shadow clone jutsu, sending clones rushing towards the baron. The baron, unfazed, swung his chain sword with deadly precision, cutting the clones to pieces. However, as the clones were destroyed, they exploded, and the combination of the explosion with the surrounding smoke created a significant blast.

This phenomenon, known as a dust explosion, occurs when fine particles suspended in the air combust rapidly, resulting in a powerful and expansive force. The smoke from Naruto's jutsu, filled with fine ash particles, was the perfect catalyst for such an explosion when ignited by the clones.

Naruto fixed his gaze on the baron, who now appeared even more menacing than before. The baron's body was covered in burns, and his expression was one of pure fury. A crimson aura began to emanate from him, signaling a surge in power as his ability activated.

In a sudden move, the baron hurled the Devil's Heroine syringe at Naruto. Naruto narrowly dodged the syringe, feeling it whisk past him by mere inches. Almost instantly, the baron, moving at an incredible speed, appeared right in front of Naruto, his chainsword arcing down in a lethal strike.

Reacting quickly, Naruto employed his Leaf Style Kenjutsu. In a swift, fluid motion, he sliced through the baron's arm, severing it. Undeterred, the baron twisted around and, with a grotesque action, bit his own severed arm, swinging it down towards Naruto.

Naruto managed to block the attack, and with a hint of his usual humor, quipped, "Need a hand?"

Without a moment's pause, Naruto opened his mouth, and a chakra chain shot out. The chain went through the baron's head, turning it into a bloody mess in an instant. The baron's body went limp, his aura fading as he collapsed to the ground, defeated.

[ Congratulations! You have defeated a dungeon monster: Baron Von Mason ]

[ 1000 EXP has been earned and monster has dropped item: Devil's Heroine Syringe ]

Naruto took a moment to steady his breathing, feeling the influx of memories from his defeated clones. He stood up, determined to continue his investigation, and walked back towards the doll room. From his inventory, he pulled out the Ouija board that his clone had acquired earlier.

"Want to talk?" Naruto asked the room, half-expecting no response. To his surprise, the planchette on the Ouija board began to move.

"Yes," it spelled out.

Naruto couldn't help but crack a small grin, despite the seriousness of the situation. "Well, that's handy. Saves me a lot of guesswork."