Chapter no.137 Call of Constellations

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord :

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

Dying was not so much painful as it was unpleasant.

Very, very unpleasant.

And slow.

Naruto could hear his heart pumping blood out in the open, quickening his asphyxiation, hastening his doom.

The blond could not breathe anymore, his attempts at supplying oxygen to his lungs filling them with red life liquid and resulting in gurgling sounds and blood red bubbles escaping the gash on his throat.

His brain was shutting down quickly and the pain was made distant by the heavy, tar-like cloud of darkness weighing on his mind and quickly eradicating his consciousness.

He had no strength left in him to protest his fate -being beaten to a pulp and then having his neck slashed open did that to a man- and the numbness seeping into his very bones was relaxing anyway, keeping him calm about his incoming end.

Funny how he had been worried about dying back in Konoha, afraid of it even, before leaving for the mission.

Death was nothing but appeased silence. Expectation and reality were really two different things.

He was maybe a little bit angry at being left to die in Rice Country -one more reason to despise this shitty place- after barely three months as a ninja but all in all, he felt too tired to muster any real heat.

He knew full well there was nothing he could do about it anyway.

He had lost too much blood, and no one was there to save him.

He had "killed" the training golem enough time to know that and had confirmed it first-hand with his three first and last kills: a slit throat was unforgiving when left alone for too long.

The "no return" time limit had since long been exceeded in his case.

He had given his best but the enemy jonin had utterly overwhelmed him, leaving him no chance.

That was the reality of a shinobi fight: they were all-out murder matches from the start, not a show where the action would slowly ramp up in intensity.

There was no audience to please, no noble to distract.

Only an enemy whose heart had to be stopped with extreme prejudice.

Naruto had given his best shot, but it was his heart that was inexorably stopping right now.

He supposed that was part of the rules.

The shinobi life was one of giving death and receiving it.

He was dying a warrior's death, as was fitting.

Death was not such a horrifying possibility anyway.

The process was unpleasant, yes, but there were good sides to it.

First of all, he would not be missed; no one would be saddened or cry for him and that was a relief, if slightly frightening.

Then maybe he would get to meet his family?

That was not such a bad thought.

What about Jijie and Ayame, though?

What about Iruka and Teuchi?