Chapter no.77 Team Assignments

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord : 
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
"You called for me, Hokage-sama?" Iruka Umino asked, standing at attention before the desk of his leader.

Iruka did know the Hokage's day started early but he had no idea it was before five in the morning kind of early. It was frankly not a time for a man, ninja or not, to be up. The chunin had been dragged off his bed by two ANBUs who had stated his presence was required at the Tower "immediately".

"Yes indeed, Umino-san. Take a seat please." The Hokage answered with a good-natured smile.

The chunin complied and took the offered seat. The brown-haired man looked up at the wizened old man. The face of Sarutobi Hiruzen was wrinkled, especially around his eyes. His small, acute, all-seeing, cunning grey eyes which shone with a rare kind of intelligence. The Hokage had a small beard covering his chin, that masked a scar. Who had given the scar varied in accordance with the old man's mood. It was this "damned Onoki with his jinton" in the rare instance the Hokage was actually angry and various other no-names when all was good.

"What may I do for you Hokage-sama?" The younger man asked eventually, curious as to the reason he was summoned. He was nervous as well; this early in the morning was not a time for normal affairs.

The old man took his trusted pipe and stuffed it with a generous amount of tobacco with practiced motions. Taking his time, Hiruzen took a whiff of the scented dried leaves before placing the end of the pipe in-between his lips. A snap of his fingers later and the tobacco had magically caught on fire. The Hokage took a long drag off of his smoking device and exhaled smoke. Smacking his tongue in satisfaction, the man looked at the chunin.

"How was your recovery, Umino-san?"

The man started a little and his eyes widened slightly but he answered nonetheless. It was weird for a Kage to inquire about the health of one single soldier, especially when the best hospital in the entire Fire Country was undoubtedly the Senju General Hospices, but the Sandaime was like that. Iruka had no illusion about it; the kindly old man facade was a charade and a well practiced one yet maybe a little part of it was genuine.

"I'm fine Hokage-sama, thank you. I was barely injured because of Naruto's surprising skills."

The old man nodded.

"It was a surprise for me too but that is to be expected."

Iruka looked confused at Hiruzen's remark.

"Now i wanted to discuss the potential teams built by the sorting officers."

Iruka nodded. This was not unusual, if slightly surprising. The files the Academy provided on the graduated genin were enough more often than not. "What do you wish to know, Hokage-sama?"

"Well, as Naruto is not a member of the regular rooster-"

Iruka nodded. He had been informed that, while the blond had been promoted according to his recommendation, the boy was to serve for a year in the Tower as punishment for his stupid stunt. One did not steal the Forbidden Scroll without feeling some repercussion after all.

"-I was wondering what were your thoughts on the teams?"

"Permission to talk honestly, Hokage-sama?"

"Granted."

"I fear the sorting these last few years has been done with over-specialization in mind, which could prove fatal. There is one shining example of a team that was recently built with one primary goal in mind without neglecting other aspects of shinobi mission."