Chapter no.53 The Scheming Shadows

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
The ANBU headquarters, standing for "Ansatsu Senjutsu Tokushu Butai" (Special Assassination and Tactical Squad), held an office that was as unremarkable as they come. Plain, functional, and devoid of any embellishment—it was clear that the village saw no reason to allocate any of its budget to spruce up a space meant purely for formalities.

Dragon, the commander, sat there, engrossed in a report from the Rice country about a series of unsettling kidnappings around the border.

"The front door is there," Dragon stated, his voice cutting through the room's stillness. From the shadows, a figure emerged, his presence contradictory to the presence expected of a ninja.

He was an old man, seemingly frail, leaning on a cane for support, with black, shaggy hair and notable features—a bandaged right eye and an X-shaped scar on his chin. This was Shimura Danzo, known as the War Hawk of Konoha and Dragon's former teammate.

Without a word, Danzo tossed a file onto Dragon's desk, prompting only a raised eyebrow from the commander

Without a word, Danzo tossed a file onto Dragon's desk, prompting only a raised eyebrow from the commander. The file bore the name Naruto Uzumaki.

"Hmm, looks like you have caught the attention of someone you shouldn't have, boy," Dragon thought as he began to sift through the report, his demeanor shifting with every word.

"A Taijutsu style that doesn't exist in Konoha," he read aloud, glancing briefly at the emotionless Danzo.

"Kenjutsu skills on the same level as a samurai ... Having a few unknown Jutsus that are B to A rank."

His eyes darted across the pages, absorbing the details with increasing concern.

When he reached the section on Fuinjutsu, he paused, re-reading it several times, alarmed by the depth of knowledge the Jinchuriki appeared to possess.

"What do you want?" Dragon finally asked, locking eyes with Danzo.

"Recruit him into the ANBU and find out his secrets. Either make the boy into a weapon for Konoha or find out if his little secret can be replicated," Danzo instructed, his tone leaving no room for negotiation.

"You think Hiruzen would agree?" Dragon countered skeptically.

"Use what you can and can't. Hiruzen trusts you, exploit it and ensure that the mission is completed," Danzo pressed on, beginning to unwrap the bandage around his eye, revealing burnt skin and an eyelid-less Sharingan eye, which he turned towards Dragon.

"Is that necessary?" Dragon asked, a hint of resistance in his voice.

"You are resisting. It is just countermeasures for if you go against Konoha's interests," Danzo stated coldly.

"Konoha or your interests?" Dragon growled, his hand shaking with barely contained anger.

"My interests are Konoha's interests," Danzo declared, the Sharingan in his eye beginning to spin and change as Danzo reinforced Kotoamateukami on Dragon.