Chapter no.89 Calm Before the Storm

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord :

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

[ You have slept in your bed. HP & CP are fully stored. ]

As dawn broke, Naruto found himself stirring from sleep. For any normal ninja, such a wake-up would have been met with the stiffness of wounds, the aches of well-used muscles, and the harsh reality of yesterday's training etched onto their bodies. But Naruto was far from ordinary - he was blessed with the regeneration of Uzumaki Bloodline and the aftereffects of being a Jinchuriki - that ensured he felt no traces of the previous day's strenuous activities.

While an average shinobi might have struggled to leave the comfort of their bed, Naruto was able to rise without any protest from his body. Even though his mind predicted the disagreeable response from Tiger to his well-being, it did not affect his physical form. His journey to the bathroom was neither measured nor painstaking, but simply routine, free from winces of pain or discomfort.

Standing in front of the mirror, instead of the harsh reflection of a battered and bruised warrior, he saw a picture of perfect health staring back. All signs of yesterday's exertions were simply erased, as if they had never existed - an extraordinary benefit of the Uzumaki body enhanced by having the Kuyubi since child birth that Naruto was fortunate enough to possess.

The warm embrace of the shower's water only further enhanced his invigorated state, and once again Naruto was fully conscious.

The trip to the cafeteria was quick and much like the day before. Buffalo-san did not talk much despite the still enthusiast greeting the blond gave him and the food was just as unidentifiable as the day before albeit tasty. This time though, Naruto sat with two other recruits, their blank masks identifying them as such.

"Mhh… Hello." The blond greeted as warmly as he could.

One recruit just nodded and focused back on their meal, not interested, while the other returned the greeting with a monotone "good day".

Acutely aware that time was passing, Naruto wolfed his tray of food ghoulishly and was nearly finished before he spoke again.

"Excuse me, senpai?" The sudden question from the blond made the two other recruits left their head. "Is it okay if I run the Warmer with you two?"

The silent one shrugged, apparently not interested in the least while the other simply nodded. "Sure."

Naruto smiled behind his mask and bowed his head. "Thank you senpai." Preparing himself to finish his food, the blond was hit by a sudden bout of inspiration. "Uh I… Know fuinjutsu, a bit of it," began the blond.

This caught the attention of the two recruits and the one who had done the speaking inched forward. "Yeah?"

"If you need a sealing tag or something, I can do it. To repay you for running with me, you know?"

"You know explosive tags?"

Naruto positively grinned behind his mask and fingered his chest with his right thumb. "Eh, of course, I do, 'ttebayo!"

"What yield?"

"All three range," exclaimed the boy proudly, referring to the low, medium, and high ranges, the three classifications in Konoha for explosive power.

The two older recruits looked at each other, their hands twitching for a few seconds before the loquacious one turned once again toward Naruto. "We check the quality first and if they are any good, we'll bank on this favor, sure."

The boy gave the man a thumb up and gulped down what was left on his tray.

The two older recruits followed seconds after as Naruto met with Tiger, Cat, and Dog. The blond was given the same set of orders and his clones, with an addition of one also going to the library for personal research, disappeared where they were supposed to.

"Ready to go?" The taller recruit asked the blond as they finished their warm up.

Naruto nodded firmly. "Lead the way."

The rest of the week went by in the same fashion for Naruto. He would wake up, still bruised from the taijutsu training, a bit before four in the morning, eat a breakfast made of various stuff he could not really identify save the fruit juice, send clones to work with Cat, Dog, and in the library and jog up the Warmer with the two older recruit he now called senpai.

He had been left in the dust rather quickly on the first day but had somehow caught up to the two ANBU in training during one of the easy parts of the run. He had thought they had slowed when in fact he had accelerated. He had deduced running faster during the easy portion of the Warmer was not the trick to gain on your time. Then, gravity had doubled again without warning and his two senpais had left him in the dust.

It was the day after, on Thursday, that the blond came to realize regularity was the key. The reason the start of the Warmer was a high gravity portion was in order for the runners to set a pace. A pace, Naruto had come to understand, was not simply a speed; it was an amount of effort put into running and it included breathing. When a rhythm was found, it was best to keep to it rather than mess it up by accelerating or slowing down.

The realization came in handy for all his other activities. The lessons with Tiger were intense, painfully so, but satisfying nonetheless. The man held nothing back and ran the boy through the proverbial gauntlet. The positive side of things was that the blond could already tell he had progressed. He was lighter on his feet thanks to rope jumping and much more conscious of his immediate, personal space thanks to the dummy.

He had not sparred the four-armed monstrosity though. Tiger had pitted him against easier, two armed golems.

Being punched repeatedly by the weighted arms of the mechanical dummy was an excellent motivation to increase his dodging. The very random motions of the Machiavellian invention kept him on his toes and taught him to stay aware. Knowing how to breathe efficiently also helped greatly.

His kenjutsu was coming along as well.

The blond had finished learning the ANBU marking with two days to spare and could now differentiate what each color, symbols, and other flourish meant. He had immediately been tasked with learning the ANBU sign language.

His other clone sent to the library had looked around, hoping to discover the special training areas but it was for nothing.

At noon, the boy would eat in the training ground after integrating the meditating clone's memories. After lunch, he would meditate himself for one hour in order to assimilate the memories of his four other clones before going back to whatever Tiger had in store for him, often until nine in the evening.

The meditation exercise was bearing fruits as the headaches had greatly reduced over the week and the integration process had become actually more and more efficient. It was also something the blond definitely enjoyed. Knowing the way his chakra was flowing within him made him feel whole in a way he could not really explain.

The constant training had turned into a demanding but not unpleasant routine for the boy and Naruto was at a loss for what to do when Sunday, his resting day, came suddenly.

[ Quest: Trial by Shadows - Intensive Training ]

[ Status: Successfully Completed ]

[ Objective 2: Intensive Training ]

[ Rewards Granted:

  - 1000 Experience Points.

  - Dungeon Key ]

••••••••••••••••••

[ Author Note:

Guess what this new dungeon is going to be ? ]