Chapter no.54 Heritage

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
Naruto sat in the Hokage's office, feeling like he was six again and had been caught setting up a bucket over the old man's door for a prank.

Only this time, Naruto was in real trouble and would be lucky to make it out alive.

"So, Naruto-kun, you've had quite the adventure tonight?" asked the Hokage.

Naruto wasn't sure if it was a trick question or not but answered all the same.

"Yeah, it was an adventure, not all good either."

"Yes, you saw tonight one of the darker aspects of shinobi life. Traitors come and go and they all must be dealt with eventually. In spite of your horrendous mistake you have done a great service to this village in putting a stop to him."

"I understand, jiji," said Naruto. "So, what's my punishment?"

"I don't think punishment will really be necessary this time but please, don't let this ever happen again."

"Of course not," said Naruto.

"I had no idea Mizuki was trying to trick me, I had no reason not to trust him," Naruto claimed, his words slipping out with the ease of a slippery eel sliding through water. He lied with such gusto, you'd think he was trying to sell sand in the desert.

The truth was, Naruto's ability to lie with a straight face was about as refined as his initial attempts at ninjutsu—clumsy, transparent, and likely to backfire spectacularly.

Despite Naruto's attempt at deception being as subtle as a kunai in a pillow fight, Hiruzen found no reason to doubt him. After all, Naruto's body language always seemed to be shouting something different from what he was saying, whether he was lying or not. Hiruzen chalked up Naruto's dubious demeanor to his well-known status as the village's number one unpredictable prankster. Perhaps Naruto's distrust of Mizuki stemmed from some elaborate prank gone awry, resulting in a comical yet unfortunate punishment for the young ninja.

In Hiruzen's mind, it was inconceivable that Naruto, with his heart as open and readable as a book with large print, could have any inkling that Mizuki was a traitor. The idea of Naruto keeping such a secret was as likely as a fish teaching a bird how to swim.

"And that is exactly why you are not in trouble. It is also what allows me to protect you from certain elements within the village."

"Because of me being Kyuubi?" asked Naruto.

"You are not now, nor have you ever been the Kyuubi. That beast is sealed within you," explained the old man.

"Now that you have been exposed to lies, we believe it'd be unwise to not address the question properly."

Another voice, gruff and distorted, rang out.

Naruto did hus best not to jump and turn. Behind him was an ANBU with a dragon mask.

"Naruto, meet Dragon, general of the ANBU of Konoha. Dragon, Naruto." The Hokage said in a tired voice.

"Is it… Is it about what Mizuki said?" Naruto said as he tried to see the ANBU's stats with the observer feat.

[ Name: Dragon ]
[ Real Name: REDACTED ]
[ Status: REDACTED ]
[ Title: REDACTED ]
[ Level: REDACTED ]
[ Class: REDACTED ]
[ Race: REDACTED ]
[ HP: REDACTED ]
[ CP: REDACTED ]
[ AC: REDACTED ]
[ Lineage Traits: REDACTED ]
[ Class Features: REDACTED ]
[ Feats: REDACTED ]
[ Stats: REDACTED ]
[ Allies: REDACTED ]
[ Equipment: REDACTED ]
[ Battle Power: REDACTED ]
[ Description: Dragon is the General of the ANBU division of Konoha. He wants to recruit Naruto Uzumaki into the ANBU because of REDACTED ]