Chapter no.18 Troubles

[ You have slept in your bed. HP & CP are fully stored.]

Naruto awoke with a wide grin on his face. Closing the sleep message and sitting up Naruto started his day the best way he knew how.

Naruto got himself to Ichiraku as quickly as he could and happily sat to eat his favorite meal.

"Hello, Naruto-kun, haven't seen you much since academy classes started up again," commented Ayame.

"Just been busy, lots of training. I have to graduate this time or I'm out of the program," explained Naruto.

"Okay, just don't forget about us," said Ayame, smiling sweetly at the boy.

"Of course not, Ayame-neechan. I could never forget you guys. I meant to come yesterday but things got a bit crazy. Oh yeah, do you like my new clothes? I got them yesterday. I know they aren't as cool as my orange clothes but I think they're still pretty good."

"I have to say it's a major improvement," said Ayame, earning a gasp from Naruto.

"Don't you gasp at me. I know , you like orange and I know I'm not a shinobi but I can't imagine orange is a good color for the job."

"Yeah, you're right about that but I only found a shop that would sell me the good stuff yesterday," explained Naruto.

"Well then, you'd better not let your new clothes go to waste then. I expect you to graduate with flying colors come November or I'll cut off your ramen . . . permanently."

"Not that, anything but that," pleaded Naruto.

"Then I guess you'd better just make sure you graduate then, huh?"

"With ramen on the line you can consider it done," said Naruto.

"You'd better hit the road, Naruto," called Teuchi from the back of the stand. "It's ten to one."

"Thanks, Teuchi-san," said Naruto, quickly swallowing down the last of the broth and noodles.

Naruto, his spirits high, made his way to the academy after a satisfying meal at Ichiraku. As he entered the classroom, he noticed Hinata and made his way to sit next to her.

"Good morning, Hinata," he greeted her cheerfully.

Hinata, a bit flustered, replied with a shy smile, "G-Good morning, Naruto-kun."

"Are you feeling fine?"

"Of course I am. I am tougher than I look," Naruto boasted with a laugh, trying to play off the knock-out during the spar.

"Speaking of that, thanks for sticking by me in the infirmary."

"It's no problem, Naruto-kun," Hinata said, her cheeks coloring with a blush.

Naruto, feeling a bit awkward but determined, coughed slightly and took out a book. "This is a thank-you gift," he said, extending it towards her.

Hinata's eyes widened in surprise and disbelief as she looked at the gift. Overwhelmed by the gesture, she promptly fainted, leaving Naruto bewildered.

Naruto blinked in confusion, looking down at the box in his hand. "Does she not like my gift?" he wondered aloud, genuinely puzzled by her reaction.

In his mind, he was trying to make sense of what just happened. 'I thought she'd be happy... Did I do something wrong?' He looked around, hoping nobody had noticed Hinata's fainting, but he knew that was wishful thinking.

Naruto sighed, placing the gift gently on Hinata's desk, hoping she would see it when she came around. 'Well, I tried,' he thought, resigning himself to the unpredictability of his school days.
.....
Lunchtime found Naruto and Iruka alone in the classroom, with Naruto repeatedly banging his head on the table in frustration.

"Ok, Naruto, what's wrong?" Iruka asked, his tone a mix of concern and annoyance.

"It's Hinata," Naruto mumbled, his voice muffled by the table.

"What about her?" Iruka probed, leaning forward to catch Naruto's words.

"I think I messed up," Naruto admitted, lifting his head from the table.

"Did you prank her?" Iruka inquired, a hint of suspicion in his voice.

"No, I gave her a gift and she fainted. Now she won't ever talk to me. I lost my only friend, Iruka-sensei," Naruto lamented, his expression one of genuine worry.

Iruka sweat-dropped at Naruto's dramatic conclusion. "I'm sure she is still your friend, Naruto. People like Hinata sometimes get overwhelmed by emotions. That's probably why she fainted."

"Really?" Naruto asked, his eyes wide with hope.

"Yes, I'm sure. You just need to talk to her," Iruka reassured him.

"I'll do that, sensei," Naruto replied, slightly relieved.

"Good. Now, is there anything else I can help you with?" Iruka asked, trying to shift the conversation.

"I can't learn Bunshin," Naruto blurted out.

"Naruto, I'm sure if you put some real effort into it, you could learn. Now, stop causing a scene," Iruka said, dismissing his concern.

"But sensei," Naruto protested, "I have too much chakra for it."

"There's no such thing as too much chakra, Naruto. Only not enough control," Iruka explained, trying to placate him.

"So, how do I improve my control?" Naruto asked, his frustration evident.

"I've already taught you this. Try to remember," Iruka replied, slightly exasperated.

Naruto frowned, trying to recall the lesson. "Was it that stupid leaf thing?"

"Yes, Naruto, that 'stupid leaf thing' is a very basic chakra control exercise," Iruka said. "I suggest you spend some time working on it if you want to improve your control enough to use Bunshin correctly."

Naruto groaned inwardly.

[ Alert: Path Quest ]
[ Quest Title: Mastery of Chakra Control ]
[ Objective: Perform the Leaf Chakra Control Exercise. This exercise involves focusing chakra to the soles of your feet to stick a leaf to them without using your hands. Demonstrating mastery in this will be crucial to your development as a shinobi. ]
[ Rewards: ]
  - [ New Skill Unlocked: Chakra Control ]
  - [ Experience Points (Exp): 20 ]
[ Penalty for Failure: Incomplete mastery of Chakra Control, hindering progress in advanced jutsu techniques. ]
[ Action Required: Acceptance or Declination of Quest ]