Chapter no.140 Sit Back, Relax, and Watch the Carnage

Tiger was making good speed, intellectually, he knew it. Yet he felt as slow as a freshly graduated genin. The rear guard had been compromised, two of his teammates were under attack, and the fact one of the Haimura brothers was injured meant the opponents were numerous and powerful enough to keep both Cat and Maru busy.

While Maru was still a work in progress, Cat was nothing to scoff at, be it up close or from afar. Given that the Inuzuka dogs were easily as fast as jonin when it mattered, it signified one thing: the attackers meant business.

Tiger meant business too, he just had to arrive on time. He could not abandon a member of the family and someone on his way to become part of it. That would be a frustrating waste of an investment, considering how the young boy was shaping up. Maru would make at the very least an excellent ninja and that was without considering what he contained. He was an asset Konoha could not afford to lose.

The shrubberies and undergrowth offered little resistance as the ANBU sped through, careful not to disturb his environment too much. If they were to get out of here, there was no use leaving an easy trail.

His chakra surging powerfully yet under a tight leash, Tiger flickered again, converting raw chakra into nearly pure momentum, adding to his speed by artificially increasing his kinetic energy and waiting for the world to correct the imbalance in the equation by adjusting his velocity.

The trick was not allowing the world to rectify the apparent impossibility by adding mass. That was definitely a recipe for a horrible accident.

Despite his vision tunnelling and the wind rushing like a torrent past his ears, Tiger could see the place where the battle had taken place; still out of his reach but closing insanely fast. The ANBU relaxed his chakra and allowed it to pulse outward, this time syphoning his momentum in a wave of rapidly dispersing heat and slowing him to a stop.

The ANBU felt his heart hastening his pace when his eyes took in the sight of a downed Cat tied down by some kind of anthropomorphic monster. His heart stopped for a second altogether when he spotted a young-looking woman sitting near the lifeless body of his youngest subordinate.

Ruthlessly, Tiger squashed the maelstrom of emotion that was welling inside him and sped through hand signs.

It was then that the world exploded.

.....

[ A Few Minutes ]

[ Naruto's Mindscape ]

Naruto blinked, his eyes slowly adjusting to the dimly lit surroundings of his mindscape. The familiar sight of the vast sewer system, with its intertwining pipes and damp walls, enveloped him. He stood there, a lone figure amidst the echoes of his own thoughts.

In the distance, the imposing structure of the Kyubi's cage loomed. It

As Naruto's gaze drifted towards the cage, he noticed an unexpected presence. A figure stood confidently in front of the Kyubi, commanding in stature and cloaked in an air of authority. It was the King his hand outstretched towards the Kyubi. From the creature, a stream of vibrant red chakra flowed, swirling and converging into the King's palm. The Kyubi, usually fierce and untamed, struggled against this force, yet it seemed futile; the chakra was being drawn out relentlessly.

Naruto watched, his heart pounding in his chest, as the King absorbed the chakra with an air of dominance. It was a sight both terrifying and mesmerizing.

Suddenly, the tranquility of the mindscape was shattered by a series of notifications that appeared before Naruto. He read them with a growing sense of disbelief and urgency:

[ Entity 'The Lone King over the Throne of Heaven' has initiated possession sequence with host 'Naruto Uzumaki'. ]

[ Possession status: successful. Full access to host's skills and physical capabilities granted to 'The Lone King'. ]