Chapter no.20 Gear

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord :

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

There's a saying in the Nara Clan: "To be lazy or..." But Shikamaru often found it too troublesome to finish the quote.

He was relishing a rare moment of peace—no nagging from his mother or Ino, no shogi matches with his dad, just lying under the warm sun with a partially cloudy sky above and cool grass below. To him, this was paradise.

That paradise was abruptly shattered by a familiar voice.

"Fuck off!"

Shikamaru sighed, "I know that annoying voice... Naruto."

He could hear arguments coming from the front gate.

Reluctantly, Shikamaru stood and walked towards the commotion.

There, he found five guards in a heated debate with Naruto.

"Look, how can we trust you that this isn't some prank?" one guard challenged.

"Because of the damn seal on the box!" Naruto yelled back, frustration clear in his voice.

The guards remained unmoved, and Naruto looked ready to escalate things into a fight. Shikamaru sighed heavily. "This is troublesome," he thought as he quickly moved to intervene.

Recently, Sasuke's fanclub had concocted a theory that Sasuke had intentionally held back during his fight with Naruto, knowing his Sharingan was about to awaken—because some girl had read that the Sharingan often awakened in war conditions and assumed Sasuke had engineered the situation.

But Shikamaru knew better; Naruto had genuinely pushed Sasuke to the edge. This meant Naruto was truly skilled, and a fight between him and the guards could spell trouble.

Shikamaru preferred to avoid such complications.

He stepped in, hoping to diffuse the situation before it could escalate into something more serious.

"Hey, Naruto, what's up?"

"I've got a delivery for your family from Higurashi Weapons. But these guards are being jerks," Naruto said, annoyed.

One guard began to argue, but Shikamaru cut him off and reached for the package.

"Thanks," Shikamaru said simply.

Naruto handed over the package and the receipt for Shikamaru to sign.

"Thanks, man. You're a lifesaver," Naruto said with a smirk, taking back the signed receipt.

[ Delivery Success: Completed Just in Time ]

[ Next Step: Return to Higurashi Weapons to Claim Your Reward. ]

[ Completion Rewards: ]

- [ Experience Points (Exp): 10 ]

- [ Currency: 500 Ryo ]

[ Reputation Improvement: Your status with Higurashi Weapons has advanced from 'Liked' to 'Honoured'. ]

Naruto raced back to the shop, breathless but beaming, as Mr. Higurashi greeted him with a nod of appreciation for a week's worth of successful deliveries.