Chapter no.85 ANBU Fist Style

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••

"Today, we'll begin training your taijutsu for real." Tiger said as the blond deflated very slightly. He would have preferred ninjutsu. Ninjutsu was cool. Ninjutsu would go so well with his mask and his -yet to come- cloak. It took a second to remember he was in ANBU and that ninjutsu certainly would never be flashy.

Wait, did that mean he can't show off his various Jutsus ?

Naruto was abruptly hit by an idea. Maybe he would be taught some super taijutsu style? Naruto started to nod excitedly but said nothing, not trusting his voice not to "burst out" and not wanting a vicious punch from his instructor.

"First, we will establish something clearly. What you learned in the Academy was not a martial art." Tiger declared in his monotone.

Before Naruto could question the man, the ANBU simply continued. "What you were taught was a combat sport. You practiced punching, kicking, blocking, and moving in a safe environment. You had rules and you sparred with a partner."

The boy nodded. He could accept that, for the simple fact that it was true.

"You're in ANBU here, so we'll have none of that shit," said Tiger, his voice containing a sudden edge.

Naruto started slightly at the curse word but stayed silent, rooted by the rare intensity and seriousness coloring Tiger's tone.

The man coughed in his hand before continuing. "You'll train your kihons against a punching bag that'll actually punch you back and you'll see that our kumites are the real deal. We bleed, we break bones, and we sweat and the only rules are the referee's words."

The blond gulped at the prospect of having to break bones before his mind unhelpfully supplied to him he was the one who would have his bones broken for a while if he were to spare against Tiger. No, not to spar; to fight. Naruto gulped again.

"Now, there are many styles of taijutsu but they can be classified in two big families. Some are called external and rely on breaking the opponent, while the others are internal and rely on using the opponent's strength against them. Foolish men go around and pretend they have the best style of all. They are all liars. The best style to exist is the ANBU style. Do you know why?"

Naruto shook his head no, still muted by Tiger's scary tone.

"Because it was invented by our founder and it's a style called whatever works to kill the bastard in front of me."

[ Alert: Path Quest ]

[ Quest Title: Master ANBU Fist Style ]

[ Objective: Undergo rigorous training with Tiger to master the ANBU Fist Style ]

[ Rewards:

  - 1000 Experience Points (EXP).

  - Skill: ANBU Fist Style ]

[ Penalty for Failure:

  - Missed opportunity to acquire the ANBU Fist Style skill, which could hinder progress and effectiveness in future ANBU missions. ]

[ Action Required: Acceptance or Declination of Quest to train and master the ANBU Fist Style under Tiger's guidance. ]

A small part of Naruto's supplied unhelpfully that it was a very long, impractical name and for one second the blond nearly exploded in laughter but the quest name of it was cooler. The sensation of laugher passed quickly when he was blasted with a wave of something that froze him. His breath caught in his throat and the word seemingly disappeared around him. The only things left were the yellow, animalistic eyes of a predator staring him down. The eyes of the Tiger.

For a second, Naruto thought he was going to die and his life flashed in front of his eyes. The rewind did not progress far as a powerful punch socked him on the side of his mask, hard enough to make his head spin just as his legs gave out under him, taken by a swipe. The attack shook his fear-induced trance.

"What the hell?"

Naruto had to roll out of the way of a kick that still grazed his sides painfully. Before he could get up, Tiger grasped him by the shoulder and socked him again in the chin this time, nearly knocking him out, before the ANBU lifted Naruto by the front of his shirt. In a flash, the ANBU twirled a kunai in his free hand and plunged it in Naruto's upper left leg. The man watched as Naruto tethered on the edge of consciousness for an instant before the pain of the stab suddenly flared and was registered by his brain.

"Argh!"

The grip of Tiger tightened on Naruto's shirt and the ANBU approached his head from the blond's to whisper in his ear.

"Whatever works. No hesitation. The enemy is distracted by the ridiculous name of your taijutsu style? Pulverize him. He is downed? Pulverize him again to make sure he is fine dust. He is? Then stab him to make sure the dust is dead." Tiger all but menacingly growled into Naruto's ears, causing the blond to subconsciously gather his limbs in a fetal position.

"Got that, recruit?"

The blond gulped audibly and nodded frantically. The ANBU removed the kunai from Naruto's leg, wrenching a small grunt of pain from the blond and signed a few mudras until both the man's hands glowed green.

[ 50 HP has been lost ]

The cut, despite being relatively deep, was already sealing itself.

"You're a jinchuriki in addition to being an Uzumaki. The cut will not stay open long," explained Tiger, his clinical monotone back in place.

Naruto was going to ask how his instructor knew before he remembered the man was his instructor. Of course, he knew of Naruto's abilities.

Which was funny really because Naruto himself, while being aware he healed unnaturally quick, had not known until five seconds ago that it was due in both parts to his heritage and the demon in his guts. A minute later and his leg was good as new.

"Thanks, sergeant." Naruto thought safer to thank the man properly. The ANBU was the one responsible for his injuries in the first place but it only meant he could inflict them again and leave Naruto to bleed by himself. The blond did not really know if he was supposed to be angry at the lesson. The way it was delivered was brutal sure but it was effective. If Naruto got one thing from today, it would be that "anything goes". It was a painful lesson but the blond had always learned better when it had some form of impact on his body.

He had learned the explosive tag very, very quickly for example.

Tiger looked at his charge and cleared his throat. "Now the first step to fighting deadly is knowing how to move. Whether you want to stand your ground and punch your opponent into oblivion or dodge, you need to be solid on your legs and capable of switching quickly between rooting yourself to the ground and dancing around."

Naruto accepted the explanation. He was no taijutsu specialist. If the man wanted him to learn how to move, he'd learn how to move. He'd have loved to learn some ninjutsu, of course, but he did not want to run the risk of getting stabbed again. Ninjutsu would come in due time and taijutsu would do.

"How do I train that, sergeant?"

Tiger fished something from under his cloak -it was just as unnatural as Konohamaru's scarf- and threw it at the blond. It looked awfully like a jumping rope. Naruto sputtered, looking at the object in his hand. He was not going to rope-jump like some little girls did in the park, right? That'd be too embarrassing.

"Jump," ordered the ANBU, deadly serious.

Oh Flame, he was! For a second, the blond considered throwing the rope back to the man and asking for ninjutsu training instead but started jumping when he saw the gleam of a kunai.

Right, whatever works.