Chapter no.79 Day 1

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••
[ Day 1 ]

Naruto looked around him for a second -he was in a barely lit semi-circular room with three corridors starting from it- before his eyes fell on the cloaked, dragon-masked figure.

The blond could feel a weird pressure settled on his shoulder and his heart once again started to beat too fast as his mouth dried up.

For the first time, the shadow was making the boy extremely uncomfortable and Naruto distractedly wiped the palm of his hand on his shirt, trying his best to get his renewed nervousness under control.

The figure's presence was simply frightening.

"Dragon-sama," saluted the blond after an audible a gulp.

"As I said, you made your first step toward ANBU."

The shadow declared evenly in his distorted, genderless monotone.

The figure fished for something within his cloak and held a round, featureless mask a second later in front of Naruto.

The blond observed the mask for a second and wondered why it was completely blank save for a kanji on its forehead. Naruto paled vaguely when he read it: endure.

"The second step, if you so wish to take it, is to don this mask. But I warn you. The moment you wear it, you will be absolutely forbidden to remove it without my express order or in the secrecy of your cell. No one but me may see you without it. If anyone else does, you will be immediately removed from here. Do I make myself clear?" Dragon explained, his voice taking a cutting edge.

Naruto nodded but the ANBU barked, startling the boy.

"Do I make myself clear?!"

"Hai, Dragon-sama."

The cloaked shadow nodded. "Good. Once you don this mask, you will officially be considered as a recruit in training. Do you accept it, Uzumaki?"

[ Alert: World Quest ]

[ Quest Title: Path to ANBU ]

[ Objective: Accept the challenge to wear the Dragon Mask. ]

- [ If you accept: You will be recognized as an ANBU recruit-in-training. ]

- [ If you fail or decline: You will be removed from the ANBU initiation process. ]

[ Rewards: Progression in ANBU ranking, Access to Special Training Quests ]

[ Penalty for Failure: Expulsion from the current mission, Experience point deduction, -1000 Reputation with Konoha ]

[ Action Required: Acceptance or Declination of Quest ]

The blond looked intently at the white, blank mask and gulped. It was a mask made so he would disappear behind. Naruto's thoughts swirled once again in a maelstrom of confusion, much to the blond's annoyance.

Was all around awesomeness worth what the mask would do to him?

Yes, he had already made his mind, he was too far in to back up! But it would ensure that he would never be allowed to show Sasuke up, properly hang out with Hinata. When the mask would come off, he would probably never be the same.

Naruto's blue eyes hardened and he gritted his teeth.

He had pursued all that for years and nothing had come from it.