Chapter no.138 The Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens

Naruto looked over the list, eyes wide with curiosity.

"Wow, these names sound like they're straight out of a fairy tale or something!" he exclaimed, unable to keep the excitement from his voice. The titles were mysterious, each one hinting at incredible power.

He leaned in, reading the first name. "The Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens," he mused aloud, trying to picture a wise and powerful ruler in the sky. "Sounds like someone who'd have a lot of cool stories to tell!"

Moving on, he read, "The Skin Bible Priest." Naruto wrinkled his nose. "That one's kinda creepy. Sounds like a guy who knows a lot of secret stuff. Might be handy, but kinda spooky, huh?"

"The Hunter of the Abyss," he read next, his voice taking on an adventurous tone. "Now that's more like it! Someone who's not afraid of anything, diving into the scariest places. That could be awesome!"

He continued to "The Knight of the False God." Naruto's expression turned thoughtful. "A warrior for some cause... Sounds tough, but I wonder what kind of troubles they've seen. That's a lot of responsibility, isn't it?"

Finally, he got to "The Thief of Fear." Naruto's eyes lit up. "This one sounds super cool! Imagine being able to sneak around without anyone being scared of you, or maybe even using fear against the bad guys. That could be really useful!"

Naruto leaned back, a grin spreading across his face. "Man, this is going to be one tough choice. They all sound incredible!"

Naruto weighed his options, each choice presenting a unique set of possibilities and potential dangers. These entities were unknown, their powers and intentions a mystery. He realized that selecting any of them was a gamble, a leap into the unknown that could alter his path in unforeseeable ways.

With the urgency of his situation pressing upon him, Naruto knew he had to decide. He closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath. When he opened them again, he reached out towards the list, his finger hovering as he made his choice.

Naruto's heart pounded in his chest as he made his choice.

[ You have selected the Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens ]

The text appeared on the screen before him. He watched, eyes wide with a mix of awe and apprehension, as the screen flickered and an image began to form.

Before him materialized a being that defied human description.

It was a grim and mysterious figure wearing a long robe and hood that hide any facial features, making it look mysterious and a bit scary.

It held a tall, fancy staff with a decorative top that seems important, perhaps for religious or spiritual reasons. Behind it, there are lots of twisty, sharp-looking branches that form a big, throne-like shape.

As the image solidified, Naruto felt an overwhelming aura emanating from the card. It was mind-numbing, almost tangible in its intensity. Then, a series of notifications appeared:

[ Descent of 'The Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens' confirmed. ]

[ 'Seal of Infinity' is now active. ]

[ Full power reduction initiated for constellation-ranked player 'The Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens'. ]

[ Power reduction protocol for 'The Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens' successfully implemented. ]

[ Status adjustment complete for 'The Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens'. Operational parameters normalized. ]

Naruto barely had time to process these messages when the card in front of him cracked, transforming into a shimmering portal. From within the portal stepped the king himself, his presence commanding and terrifying.

Another notification popped up:

[ Command for the 'The Lone King upon the Throne of Heavens' ]

Swallowing hard, Naruto found his voice. "Eliminate my enemies," he said, his voice steadier than he felt.

The king's response was a smile, but it was far from comforting. It sent chills down Naruto's spine.

"You should have given better commands, boy," the king spoke, his voice resonating with an eerie authority.

Naruto blinked in shock. The king had spoken? Words formed in his mind, but none came out. The realization of what he had unleashed, and the ambiguity of his command, filled him with a sudden, daunting sense of uncertainty. What had he done? What consequences would his command bring?

••••••••••••••••••

In the depths of Naruto's inner world, a realm usually dominated by the presence of Kurama, the Nine-Tailed Fox, a strange, unsettling calm pervaded. Kurama, the mighty bijuu, gazed upon Naruto's lifeless body floating in the water, his thoughts a mix of resignation and plotting.

"Guess my jailer died then," Kurama mused, his voice a deep growl. "It's only a matter of time before I reform and get freed. And the first thing I'm going to do is find that Uchiha and kill him." A smirk played on his lips, reflecting his vengeful intentions.

But as he reveled in his plans, an unusual sensation crept up his spine. Turning his gaze back to Naruto's corpse, he noticed something extraordinary. The body was moving, but it was not Naruto's movement. It was something else, something emerging from within.

The King from the Throne of Heavens, the entity Naruto had summoned, now appeared in Naruto's inner world. He stood tall his gaze fixed on Kurama. The fox instinctively took a step back, fear gripping him as he felt an aura that was not just powerful, but transcendental, surpassing even the Sage of the Six Paths.

"Lend me that power," the King demanded, his voice echoing through the void.

Kurama, who had faced countless foes and survived millennia, was shaking. The King's aura was so vast, so boundless, it felt like staring into the heavens themselves.

The King raised his hand, his expression one of commanding authority. "I'll speak once more. Give me your power, beast, or else."

Kurama felt an irresistible pull from the King's outstretched hand, a force that threatened to strip him of his very essence. His heart pounded with a fear he hadn't felt in ages.

"Guess I was expecting too much from a beast," the King said, his eyes narrowing. "I don't like your eyes. Bow!"

In that moment, Kurama, the fearsome Nine-Tailed Fox, faced a power unlike any other, a being whose mere presence commanded submission..