Chapter no.125 First Mission: Border Sweep

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••

[ Alert: World Quest ]

[ Quest: Border Sweep Intrigue ]

[ Objective: Engage in a covert intelligence-gathering mission along the Grass-Earth Country border. This ANBU black-op requires stealthy infiltration into foreign territory to assess their defense capabilities. Absolute discretion is essential; any discovery of the mission must not be traceable back to Konoha. ]

  - [ Objective 1: Infiltrate the Grass-Earth Country border undetected. ]

  - [ Objective 2: Gather intelligence on military installations and defense setups. ]

  - [ Objective 3: Covertly monitor enemy movements and report back. ]

  - [ Objective 4: Avoid engagement with enemy forces unless absolutely necessary. ]

  - [ Objective 5: Return to Konoha with the gathered intelligence without being traced. ]

[ Completion Reward: ]

  - [ Enhanced Intelligence Data on Enemy Defenses. ]

  - [ Increased ANBU Reputation by 100. ]

- [ 1000 Exp ]

[ Failure Penalty: ]

  - [ Mission Disavowal by Konoha. ]

  - [ Potential Diplomatic Fallout. ]

[ Action Required: Confirm acceptance or declination of the Border Sweep Intrigue mission. ]

The mission, as it turned out, was what was called a "border sweep" in ANBU's jargon, between Grass and Earth Country to be exact. It had nothing to do with actually patrolling the border. Konoha had not nearly enough ninjas to keep the large, sprawling frontiers of Fire Country under perpetual watch and such a mission was given to soldiers paid by the Daimyo.

An ANBU border sweep was in all effects an illegal incursion inside the territory of another country to have a look at their defenses.

It was intelligence gathering, in fewer words. As ANBU soldiers did not bear the leaf insignia, it was a full black-op that Konoha would disavow if they were to be caught. It was the game of the Great Five to prod like this at each other's defense and if a few ninjas were lost for it, well, it was life.

A border sweep had never sparked a war, seeing as it was an obvious breach of all treaties concerning the border management between the Great Five that no Hidden Village would admit to committing.

Teams sent on such missions were rarely caught anyway. The ground to cover for capture was simply too large and, given one had to send ninjas to intercept ninjas, no Hidden Village had enough competent manpower to simply set up a trap. It was attempted once in a while but it seldom yielded any results. Even rarer were the situations where two teams from hostile countries met each other; given the swathes of land to cover and the fact those missions were obviously not scheduled in a way that made them predictable, the probabilities weren't even qualified as "low" anymore but as "non zero".

It would make for a relatively boring mission and the ideal ground to test Naruto's newly gained endurance and speed in the real world, as well as work out the limit of his stealth abilities in the presence of hostiles in an unknown environment. It would also allow the team to work out team formations and strategies in the wild.