Chapter no.144 Vs the King

The king's chuckle echoed ominously as he surveyed Tiger and Guren.

In a blur of motion, he used the Body Flicker Technique to appear suddenly in front of Tiger.

Tiger, reacting with lightning speed, swung his fist, encased in wood, at the king. But the king was quicker, using short, rapid bursts of Body Flicker to evade Tiger's powerful strike.

As Tiger prepared for a counter, he noticed the king's stance shift into a familiar ANBU fist style. Realizing the impending danger to his arm, Tiger braced himself. But before the king could land his counter, the ground beneath him erupted in a storm of pink crystal spikes, courtesy of Guren's intervention.

The king leaped into the air, his movement using body flicker so swift that his knees drew up to his chest. In mid-air, he quickly enveloped his feet in a protective layer of Stone Skin using Earth Style, harnessing the momentum of his rapid ascent. Then, with incredible force, he slammed both feet into the ground.

The impact was colossal, creating an explosive shockwave that radiated outwards. The force of the explosion was so great that it inadvertently provided Tiger with a crucial moment to escape. Seizing the opportunity, Tiger propelled himself backward, retreating to a safe distance.

As the dust swirled around the battlefield, Tiger and Guren remained on high alert. The tension was palpable, punctuated by the sudden, thunderous sound resembling a cannon firing. Both combatants instinctively leaped aside as a powerful air shot tore through the space, gouging a deep crater in the ground upon impact.

The dust began to settle, revealing the king with his finger outstretched towards Guren. "Wind Style: Wind Bullet Jutsu"

A small, compact ball of wind formed in front of his finger. With a sharp sound akin to a cannon blast, the wind bullet launched at high velocity towards Guren.

Reacting quickly, Guren slammed her hand down, summoning a formidable wall of crystal to shield herself. However, as the wind bullet collided with the crystal barrier, she realized too late the true nature of the attack. It wasn't merely a simple projectile of wind. Instead, the king had created a highly pressurized ball of air.

Upon impact, the pressurized air released its stored energy explosively. This phenomenon was akin to a high-pressure system encountering a solid object, where the sudden release of pressure causes a violent expansion of air. The force of this expansion is powerful enough to shatter and obliterate solid structures.

Guren's crystal wall, despite its toughness, stood no chance against this explosive release of pressure. The wall shattered into countless shards, flying in all directions with lethal velocity.

The battlefield erupted into chaos as the ground beneath the king's feet suddenly exploded, launching him into the air. Tiger, seizing the opportunity, unleashed the Wood Style: Tree Limb Technique, sending wooden tendrils snaking towards the king. But the king, undeterred, countered with the Wind Style: Wind Cutter Technique. Each tendril was violently shredded in a burst of wind, scattering wooden debris across the field.

In a swift response, Tiger executed the Wood Style: Lance Technique. A sturdy wooden lance materialized, and he lunged forward with lethal intent. The king, however, was prepared; he activated the Sword of Earth, which began to glow with an infusion of nature energy. The energy paradoxically enhanced Tiger's wooden lance, yet Tiger realized with a sinking heart that his hand was in jeopardy the moment his weapon would make contact with the king's blade.

It seemed too late to pull back, but an unexpected intervention came in the form of Cat. She appeared out of nowhere, a blur of motion using the Body Flicker Technique. With the precision and grace of Leaf Style Kenjutsu: Dance of the Crescent Moon, she managed to deflect the Earth Sword just in time, saving Tiger's arm from a grievous injury.

The king, however, was quick to retaliate. Shifting his focus to Cat, he unleashed a powerful kick using ANBU Fist Style. The impact sent Cat hurtling through the air, thrown back by the sheer force.

In the next moment, Tiger had vanished from sight, leaving the king suspended mid-air. Guren seized this opportunity, her hands forming seals rapidly.

"Crystal Release: Canon Fire," she declared.

A colossal crystal ball, radiating with immense power, shot towards the king at a staggering speed.

But the king was far from defenseless.

In an astonishing display of Chakra Chain Taijutsu: Koukaku Wrap, two chakra chains erupted from beneath his shoulder blades. They whirred through the air, tearing through the incoming crystal ball with an ease that defied belief, like a hot knife slicing through butter.

The crystal ball, which had seemed an unstoppable force just moments before, was effortlessly cleaved in two, its remnants scattering like shards of broken glass.

Cat, eyeing the king cautiously, turned to Tiger. "What happened?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

"The Kyuubi took over," Tiger replied, swallowing a healer pill to soothe his injuries.

"Is there any way to stop him?" Cat inquired, looking for a solution to the escalating situation.

"For now, the best we can do is restrain him with Wood Release and try to knock him out," Tiger explained, his voice steady despite the chaos around them.

Cat glanced briefly at Guren, then back at Tiger. "Truce?" she proposed, understanding the gravity of their common threat.

Tiger nodded in agreement. But their plan was abruptly interrupted as the king suddenly slammed into the ground, reappearing between Tiger and Cat with alarming speed.

They barely had a moment to react as the king extended his palm towards them.

Wind Style: Gale Palm.

The force of the attack sent Cat and Tiger flying several feet away, tumbling helplessly across the battlefield.

As dust and debris settled, Guren found herself standing alone with the king.

Guren's hands came together in a swift clap, her expression morphing into a sly smile. "Surprise, Motherfucker," she declared with a menacing tone.

In an instant, the ground around her erupted, giving birth to hundreds of sharp, crystalline spikes. With a mere gesture from Guren, these spikes transformed into a deadly storm of projectiles, each one razor-sharp and gleaming under the sun.