Chapter no.158 Mystery

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .
https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet
....
Join us on discord :
https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB
••••••••••••••••••

Kakashi had his nose in his opened little orange book, giggling lowly in a rather creepy rendition of a schoolgirl. He had been doing just that for the last two hours but apparently, it was the last straw for Ibiki, who smashed his palm against the table.

"Hatake! Stop it with your acting, I can't hear myself think with your constant noises. Or if you must continue, then get out of here!"

The jonin lowered his book slowly, eyeing the head of T&I hard with his lone orb, only to be returned a glare. Kakashi sighed. That was the problem with Ibiki. While the chief interrogator wasn't a match for him, he feared no man. The Hatake withheld a groan -it wouldn't have been hip- and cocked his head to the side.

"You say something Ibiki?"

"I'm going to burn this book of yours. Before you invite me to just come and try it, you know full well how I operate. So make yourself useful or fuck off," retorted the gruff bear of a man.

Kakashi flipped his book around for a second, observing the cover, finding nothing.

"Where and how?"

"I'm not going to tell you that."

"You could be bluffing."

"You want to risk calling it?" Ibiki threatened, his eyes a thunderstorm.

Kakashi considered for another second his priceless, signed copy of Icha Icha Paradise and sighed. "No." The jonin closed the little book and stored it in the front pouch of his flak jacket. "So, what are we doing?"

Ibiki groaned. "You missed nothing Hatake, I know how you are. Get on with it."

"Why did I have to stop reading then?"

"Because the noises you make are worse than Gai's voice."

"Unyouthful," remarked said jonin in a grumbling whisper.

"Ouch." Kakashi commented in a monotone.

"Are we done?" The T&I head demanded, rubbing his temples in exasperation.

"I suppose. What do you need my help for anyway? What could I find that you didn't?" The white-haired jonin asked, apathetic. Kakashi was an excellent ninja, a well-rounded one at that, but Ibiki hands down had the best deductive mind of all Konoha.

Ibiki knew how to look underneath the underneath better than Kakashi.

"I need a fresh look on this because it leads nowhere alright? Your Sharingan trick was nice but in the end, it only gave us so much. We know Danzo was the one who encoded the S-ranked mission that was given to the Academy teachers. We know he did it years ago before he was even banished; it's a long term plan. We also know he admits it's something that goes against Konoha's interest. And that's not Danzo Shimura. What does it mean?"

Only silence answered the T&I chief as all jonin were lost in their own thoughts.

"There's something more to it." Gai offered eventually.

"Then what is it? We have nothing to go on from here. What are we looking for?" Ibiki thundered impatiently. The interrogator had been thinking in circles for the better part of a day and nerves were starting to show.

"You know…" Aoba stated hesitantly, slowly formulating his thoughts. "I still think it's too elaborate for a diversion."

Ibiki shifted and focused his gaze on the genjutsu specialist. "Go on."