Chapter No.40 Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorn

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord :

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

Sakura wasn't talking to her.

The heiress of the Yamanaka clan had spent the first half of her weekend attempting to find her fri – her rival, and only for the pink-haired girl to rebuff or shun her at every meeting.

They'd met at the market, and Sakura turned the other way and acted as though she was in a brief hurry, and as though the person in front of her was an awkward stranger or an estranged lover, creating an air of social gracelessness as Ino had stood, like a scorned lover whose advances has just been publicly rejected.

They'd met at the park, and Sakura's green eyes had hit her form as she moved with the crowd of nameless, Uchiha-worshipping bitc- classmates, and the pink-haired girl's gaze would rapidly be averted, as though something more important had come into her field of vision, like the Daimyo had suddenly strolled by on an elephant, and was offering to take pink-haired girls as his brides.

Ino had tried her usual brands of teasing insults or comments, and nothing had worked, as Sakura had somehow become transcendent to the very barbs she would previously be quick to shoot down.

She was perfectly content to pretend as though Ino did not exist, as though the girl she bantered with on a daily basis was a ghost and a wisp of air, unseen and unheard.

In response, Ino had spent the next half of her weekend in an obsessed, infuriated frenzy, a work ethic and dedication that would have made certain spandex wearing individuals completely enthralled, and then, mystified, then worried, and finally, outright terrified.

Sleep?

What was sleep?

What had it mattered to her?

Food?

Excellent, it would be the fuel to keep her moving.

Rest?

A four letter word that had been ripped out of the pages of her dictionary, crumpled into a ball, and used as tinder to light the flames that spurned her forward and maximized her passion.

It had not been hard to sneak out of her room when her father believed her asleep, and head to the nearest training ground as her fists and kicks proceeded to turn the innocent dummies into splinters, hapless victims to her bubbling rage and frustration.

So Sakura had decided not to talk to her. That was fine – perfectly fine, she wouldn't even let Ino explain herself or her reason, or even give the tiniest of ideas as to what was wrong, and Ino found it perfectly fine.

It was perfectly fine.

"Ino… are you okay?"

The Yamanaka Heiress drew from her musing as she entered the classroom. Monday morning had come too bright and far too early for her tastes, the birds at her windowsill sung in a manner that turned her brain to a deck of cards at the hands of a master shuffler.

Her response had been to toss her comb with unerring accuracy until it smacked the creatures in the eye and told them that their musical performance was unwelcome.

If that had not been enough, the sunlight pierced through her orbs as though a clan of divine giants had decided to attach a magnifying glass unto a torch powered by the collective chakra of a thousand Kage, and use said torch to blind little girls for fancy.