30

When I came back into the kitchen a little later, Jin was standing in front of the kitchen cupboard with two large shopping bags and was putting them away.

"We've got enough supplies for two days. Have you spoken to the hospital?" he asked me as soon as he noticed me.

"Yes, it's all sorted. We have to go there tomorrow with Yoongi to pick out flowers and so on, and we also have to discuss the honorary ceremony afterwards. There are usually restaurants not far from the hospital where you can hold it. We should still take her phone and inform her friends, I have a stupid feeling that her family won't do that..." I was still thinking about the conversation with Yoongi's mother. My own parents hadn't been that close to me either because I was supposed to focus on my coven, that was more important to witches than family, yet they had always worried about me and protected me. The only person who had done that for Yoongi was now dead...

"If we saved BTS, or even before, if we're through with his timeline.... Is it okay to bring him to us? Since he's not a witch, can he still live with the coven?" Jin asked me cautiously.

"How do you know he's not a witch, I just tested him?" I looked at him in amazement.

"I grazed your arm and scanned your sweater." He lowered his eyes, grinning guiltily.

"Yah, I'm not marrying you, there's nothing ever to tell you." I complained.

"No, I can hold back too, that was just a coincidence." He panicked and tried to change my mind, earning a small laugh from me.

"Take it easy, it wasn't serious, nothing has been decided yet. But back to your question... we'll definitely bring him to us, I won't leave him alone. The worst is yet to come, when he has to go to his parents... that will be the hardest time of his life and we can't protect him from that... I don't want to hand him over to them, I'd like to take him with me straight away, but I can't do that. It makes me so sad..." I sighed, disheartened, which is why Jin pulled me into his arms and gave me a comforting hug.

"We'll be the family he's missing." His gentle voice did me good, made me actually believe that everything would be okay.

"You almost sound like we're his parents, but he's older than me." now I had to laugh quietly.

Jin made dinner and Yoongi showed up, probably attracted by the delicious smell, his stomach growling loudly. He probably hadn't eaten anything that day. However, he was so out of sorts that he barely spoke, only giving monosyllabic answers when asked.

"Yoongi, Jin and I will stay with you until the funeral is over, we'll help you with everything. But we'll have to spend the night here. Is that okay with you?" I wanted to know and the boy lifted his eyes from his plate, smiling a little for the first time since his grandmother died.

"Yes, thank you Noona... Thank you, hyung." was all he said, but he seemed very relieved. He must have feared he would have to go through this alone. It was heartbreaking to think that he would have to if we hadn't traveled here.

"But... where are we going to sleep?" I wondered aloud.

"Ka- can one of you... please sleep with me?" Yoongi asked quietly.

"Sure, kid, I'll sleep with you." Jin replied immediately and smiled lovingly at him. The two of them could practise, they would share a room later...

"Fine, then I'll sleep on the sofa... I don't want to be in Halmoni's room... That would seem strange to me." I explained and they both nodded, but didn't say anything. They were probably thinking the same thing. After Jin had gone into Yoongi's room with him, I took the notebook that was lying next to the landline phone in the hallway and called all of the Min family's friends and acquaintances, as well as distant relatives, one after the other. This incredibly nice woman was going to have a beautiful funeral with lots of people in attendance. She had earned this last honor...