42

"Yes, you have to go straight to his birth..." Jongho explained and I grabbed Hobi this time, holding his hand, before I switched timelines without warning and after seconds we were standing in the hospital in Busan. It was hectic, there seemed to be an emergency as doctors and nurses ran through the corridor in a hurry. Hobi pulled me against the wall with him to avoid being knocked over, I bumped my face against his chest, breathed in his scent and suddenly I remembered that in the old, untouched timeline when BTS existed, Jungkook had once said that Hobi smelled the best of all... I looked up at him, he had indeed grown a bit since we last met, 11 years earlier, but now that he was older than me, not quite as shy and timid, his closeness made my heart beat a few beats faster... My gaze wandered to his eyes, in which I read the same longing as when we last met and I shook my head slightly in confusion... had my pheromones really been so strong that they were still working today? Sometimes that happened, but I hoped it wasn't the case with him... I would have messed up his whole emotional world, created love that wasn't real. And then he had been suffering from it for years. My guilty conscience got the better of me and I quickly put some distance between us. I couldn't let myself be distracted from my task, the brief moment was over and he was now also looking around carefully. We were both startled when we heard an alarm sound and the red warning lights, which had been attached a few meters away and were now rotating, lit up.

"Attention, attention, the hospital is being sealed off, the emergency exits are now locked as well as the rest of the doors, we have a kidnapping, a newborn baby has been abducted from the delivery room... the suspect is disguised as a doctor, please be careful, stay calm and report it if you notice anything." the announcement crackled and stopped.

"That's Beomie... He's kidnapped Jungkook..." panicked, I stated the obvious and Hobi turned to the side.

"Ahjussi... have you seen the kidnapper, or do you know any other deceased who might have seen him?" he asked the air to my left and my eyes grew wide.... Wow, he was the first witch other than Seonghwa that I knew who could control spirits. It was an extremely rare gift.

"Thank you..." I saw him bow and then take my hand.

"Come on, he's on his way to the roof." he called out and was already running with quick steps to the stairwell.

"Hobi... stop." I held him back, I didn't want to run up all the stairs and waste time, so I looked around and since no one noticed us, I teleported us up to the roof, where Beomie was walking towards the edge of the roof with the baby in his arms.

"Beomie... give me the baby now, you can't really..." I began, but saw his tear-stained face.

"And how I can... he should never have been born, that's the only way she got her power... only through him... if I can save you all by wiping out one person, then I will!" he shouted desperately.

"Beomie... you're not a murderer... this is an innocent baby and I don't think he'll turn into an evil person..." Hoseok tried to calm him down. What did he have against Jungkook? How could a human child have anything to do with it.

"His birth was a deviation from order.... she could use that... She's getting stronger, I don't know how I'll ever fight her." he was dangerously close to the railing now and I was terrified he was about to throw the baby down. I tried to teleport Beomie away, tried to levitate Jungkook to me with my telekinesis, but nothing happened, Beomie just flickered briefly.

"My magic... I didn't take a break..." I whispered, realizing that I had exhausted myself too much and therefore couldn't use my powers...