46

The shrill ringing of the doorbell woke me from my restful sleep. Who had to ring the doorbell like that? Grumbling, I turned in Jungkook's arms and tried to peel myself out of bed, but he held me down.

"Stay in bed, there are plenty of others here who can open up." he said and nuzzled his face against my neck.

"Yes, but I want to know who it is so I can teleport them to Antarctica... how can you ring the bell so rudely? Who does he think he is? Do we have to be at the door within two seconds?" I complained.

"Never mind, go back to sleep... You need this now." he said and pulled the covers up over our heads when suddenly loud voices could be heard in the hallway.

"That's not necessary anymore, your magic has me charged to the tips of my toes.... Why the hell are you so strong? And what the hell is going on out there in the hallway?" I asked, irritated, as it got louder and louder.

"Get out of here... You're probably not all there, showing up here." I heard Hobi say, sounding anything but relaxed.

"Forget it, your parents made a promise to my parents and I intend to enforce it. Whether you like it or not, you have to marry me. The promise is binding unless I break it." I heard the annoying voice of Hobi's ex-girlfriend, from whom we had been spared for years... but what did she want now? Her words made my stomach twist into a knot.

"You deceived our parents with your lies, this promise is not valid, I will not marry you!" Hoseok shouted angrily.

"Then I will take this to the Council of Elders... I don't think the Jung family wants their word to have no meaning anymore..." I could already hear Nicki's smug grin in her voice. Without giving much thought to the fact that I was only wearing a shirt and panties, I teleported out of my bed and into the hallway. Jungkook teleported into the hallway right after me, the blanket in his hand, which he immediately wrapped me in.

"You... what are you doing here and yelling around?" I snapped at her and her eyes widened when she saw my half-naked figure.

"Hoseok, is she the reason? Do you have your little bed bunny here... oh hello... I think... I just changed my mind..." first she looked down at me from above, then her attention turned to Jungkook. She stared at him like a starving dog, the juiciest steak.... When she unleashed her pheromones on him, the rage inside me boiled over. With my telekinesis, I threw her to the ground and made her kneel in front of me. Jungkook made all her pheromones disappear from the house with a violent gust of wind. She stared at me in horror.

"How are you talking to your ruler, in her house? If I ever hear you speak to me or about me or any of my coven members in that tone again, I will not only seal your magic, I will teleport you to a cave in the bowels of the earth where you can hope to die of smoke inhalation before you die of thirst," I snapped at her angrily and she began to tremble.

"Forgive me, Your Highness... I didn't know who you were... I'm so sorry... I'm just a weak little witch with a harmless power, please don't hurt me."

"She made our parents believe with her lies that I promised her marriage and didn't keep it." Hobi explained to me and I looked at her, pissed off.

"I was there when you played the game with the fake pregnancy test and also when Hoseok told you never to bother him with your presence again. That promise is now off. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we can punish her?" I asked the others, who had gathered here in the meantime because of the noise.

"We still need a cleaner... the toilet is sometimes quite disgusting when certain people have had their meetings here..." said Yoongi, looking at our younger members, who grimaced in embarrassment.

"Does she get a maid's uniform then?" Wooyoung asked with a grin, but I shook my head.

"A janitor's overalls... Besides... you use your magic in our presence again and I'll take it away from you... and you're banned from talking to Hoseok. You leave any room he enters. Working hours from eight in the morning until four in the afternoon, before and after that you will not be in the house. No private conversations... Is that clear?"