Young Master

Chu Yu exited the police station holding a clear, plastic bag. The small bag was full of brightly colored fruit candy, which had been forced onto him by the female officer.

Choosing a raspberry-flavored one, he peeled off the wrapper and put the candy in his mouth. Then Chu Yu remembered and turned to ask Lu Shi, who was standing next to him, "Ah... classmate, candy, do you want some?"

He and Lu Shi looked at each other. He was still a little scared, so his offer sounded a bit empty. Chu Yu always felt that this guy was much scarier than the guys with big sleeve tattoos squatting in a row inside.

The wind was strong and the air was terribly stifling hot, putting Lu Shi in a bad mood. He glanced at the watch on his left wrist and refused, "No, I'm leaving first."

"Oh, okay." Chu Yu nodded, habitually wanting to say 'see you later', but he quickly swallowed it back— not 'see you later' ah, more like 'see you never again'.

After the other boy's back disappeared into the distance, Chu Yu dazedly stood at the door of the police station for a while, then he suddenly recalled his purpose in coming to Qingchuan Road— his beef!

After hesitating for two seconds, and feeling sincerely disappointed with his sense of direction, Chu Yu decided to bite the bullet. He went to buy a bottle of water at the nearby convenience store and took the opportunity to ask for directions.

Lu Shi lived on Qingchuan Road. The old-fashioned, 30-year-old building had graying concrete walls on the outside and narrow passages with short doors on the inside. Spiders were weaving webs in its dark corners while the staircase railings' green paint peeled away to reveal its underlying rust.

He was somewhat mysophobic and took a shower first when he got home; he deliberately washed his hands three extra times. The wound on his left arm was soaked in water and lost its color, but Lu Shi didn't bother looking at it, too lazy to care.

Lu Shi had changed into a white t-shirt and was wiping his hair when the phone rang.

"Shitou?"

On the other side of the phone, Wei Guanglei was alarmed, his voice coarse. "Fuck his ancestors sideways! Lu-Ge, did that stupid Zhao Jiaqiang send someone to hinder you?"

Lu Shi questioned, "Who?"

"..." Wei Guanglei choked on his words. His stomach was full of a fire that couldn't be extinguished so he patiently explained, "It's the guy who likes to wear red shorts and has azure dragons tattooed on his arms. He always goes around saying, 'I'm Qiang-Ge, the boss of the Azure Dragon Gang'!"

Lu Shi matched the person with the name. "En, he blocked me in an alley behind the street around noon today."

"No way?" Wei Guanglei was anxious again. "Lu-Ge, my sworn brother, sigh, you didn't cripple anyone, did you? Are they still alive?"

It really wasn't that he liked to fight, but when Lu Shi first moved to Qingchuan Road, many people noticed that he'd just graduated from junior highschool and that there weren't any adults in his family. He always walked alone, but the shoes he wore weren't cheap.

He was like a lamb that suddenly appeared with 'I have money and I'm very easy to bully' written all over his body, so some people started to have evil thoughts.

This area of Qingchuan Road was quite chaotic. It was full of old houses that hadn't been demolished, and as such, people from all walks of life could live in them. In the summer especially, when people were very irritable, crowds gathered in the back alleys to have armed scuffles, and it was always lively at night. At times, it was necessary to reserve a space in advance, otherwise, it would be too crowded, which restricted others from performing to their fullest.