Can I Right Now

TW: Mentions of cruel murder methods

The door slammed shut with a 'bang', and Chu Yu poked his head out of the bedroom. "Is the black-hearted witch gone?"

Lu Shi stood at the door, his line of sight moving to Chu Yu. "Mm, let's go."

He leaned against the cold wall and recalled Fang Weiyun's expression moments ago, but he wasn't elated at all.

It wasn't enough.

He wanted to repay those who had blood on them— with blood.

Chu Yu noticed Lu Shi's expression, and remained silent for a while. He didn't say anything until the phone in the bedroom rang with a special tone. "Lu Shi, phone."

Lu Shi straightened his back, walked over, picked up the phone, and turned it on.

Because it was on speaker, Fang Weiyun's voice soon sounded inside the room.

"What's your plan? Huh? I've had enough of that bastard looking high and mighty! He won't help me, what am I going to do now? What am I going to do!"

The last two sentences were almost hysterical.

Chu Yu couldn't help thinking that Fang Weiyun must be a little abnormal psychologically or spiritually.

Every time he heard her voice, Chu Yu felt frightened into panic in his heart.

What followed was a male voice. "Sister, are you really sure Iris is pregnant? Have you asked brother-in-law?" Afterwards, the man added, "Ai, my mistake, this kind of thing can't be asked. However, I need to tell you, this Iris is just a young model, can her tricks really be so powerful? Brother-in-law has seen plenty of women!"

"You don't understand!" Fang Weiyun's breaths were unstable as she said, flustered, "Those women can't keep Lu Shaochu's heart, but one person can!"

"Who?"

The male voice paused and hesitated for two seconds. "Sister, are you talking about the woman surnamed Jiang? Didn't she die long ago? There probably isn't even any ashes left."

He then persuaded, "Sister, how about secretly finding a doctor who can take a look? You've been thinking all the time about this woman turning into a ghost and coming back for you, scaring yourself so much. Maybe you should just take medicine."

"You don't understand!"

Hearing Fang Weiyun's voice, Chu Yu frowned. He reckoned that Fang Weiyun's mind was already very fragile. When she came over to Lu Shi today, she had probably suffered a blow and her mental state was definitely not so good.

Chu Yu had a hunch she'd spill something.

"That mole, Iris' mole, is exactly the same as Jiang Yueman's back then! She must've come back to take revenge on me, she must've... she'll kill me, she'll definitely kill me..."

"Sister, are you telling ghost stories in broad daylight? Don't scare yourself. Didn't you set it on fire back then to dispose of it and everything turned into ashes? How can it still come back to find you?"

Fang Weiyun suddenly said very softly, "What if it didn't turn into ashes?"

It took a few seconds for the male voice to return. The voice dropped a few degrees, suppressed very low. "Sister, what didn't turn into ashes? Didn't you say that you burned it all at the time, that you handled it very cleanly and no one would find any trace?"

Fang Weiyun's voice became even softer. "How could I let her off so easily? I wanted her to become a ghost who couldn't reincarnate! She can only be a water ghost under a bridge for eternity!"