Only You

Trigger Warning: Self-harm

Chu Yu didn't notice any abnormality, and he wrinkled his nose. "Hm, yeah."

If he was full and if he didn't specifically focus on smelling other people's blood, he wouldn't generally sense that much of a smell.

However, the blood of that gangster in the corner was truly too bitter and unpleasant. It was as if the odor was drilling into his nose, he didn't want to smell it at all.

Noticing that Lu Shi stepped behind him, Chu Yu fanned his nose with his hand while turning around and was stunned.

Lu Shi had conveniently placed the plastic bag on the ground. There were steamed buns, soy milk, and a white transparent hard straw inside it.

One end of the straw had a sharp beveled opening.

Lu Shi took out the straw, held it in his right hand, and slashed it against the tip of his left index finger.

In the next second, crimson blood spilled out, seemingly thick and colorful on the cold white skin.

Chu Yu's heart jumped twice.

He never knew that a straw could pierce the skin so easily.

Moreover, the moment Lu Shi had cut his skin with the sharp mouth, there was no hesitation or stagnation in his hand movement, and his expression was even duller, as if he were doing something he'd normally do.

Behind the two of them, the several sleeve-tattooed guys found an opportunity, so they supported each other and ran away at lightning speed.

Soon, only Chu Yu and Lu Shi were left from the front of the narrow alley to its rear.

Lu Shi approached Chu Yu. Lowering his eyes, he meticulously smeared the blood spilling from the tip of his index finger onto Chu Yu's lips. His movements were soft and unhurried, they could even be described as gentle.

"Does my blood smell good?"

Already lingering at the tip of Chu Yu's nose was a familiar fragrance.

He stood in place, letting Lu Shi smear it.

Until Lu Shi inquired with a low voice. He gazed into Lu Shi's eyes and replied, "It smells good."

The finger's movement stopped.

Lu Shi's voice was like an ambiguous whisper among lovers, soft and husky. "Then, why do you want to smell another's blood, hmm?"

"Does his blood smell better than mine?"

Chu Yu realized that Lu Shi's current state was somewhat abnormal.

There wasn't his habitual coldness or indifference, and he didn't seem like the reserved and taciturn him during school times, nor the hostile, frank, and violent him when fighting and beating people up.

His eyes were deep-black, as if covered with a layer of ink, where no light could shine through.

There was even something shocking within them— paranoia.

A slight chill traveled up Chu Yu's back while his heart was seemingly seized into shuddering.

The blood on his lips dried up as an uncomfortable and strained feeling arose.

He opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but his throat seemed to be fastened tightly with hoops for he couldn't utter a sound.

Lu Shi didn't receive an answer.

Suddenly, his expression became completely cold and he took a step back.

The two didn't go to school together until the afternoon.