Became Dirty

Chu Yu was lying on the bed, tossing about and unable to sleep.

He wrapped his quilt tightly around him, closed his eyes, and brewed. But not only did he not fall asleep, on the contrary, he became more and more awake.

It was raining outside the window, creating a fine pattering sound. Usually, Chu Yu wouldn't notice it, but he found it particularly annoying tonight.

So noisy.

Chu Yu pulled the quilt up and swiftly covered his head.

He remembered how Lu Shi stood up and opened the bedroom door to let him return first. Picturing himself sleeping on his own tonight, his hands suddenly tightened on the quilt.

If I'm sleeping by myself, then I'll sleep by myself. I've slept by myself for more than ten years anyway.

His heart seemed to be blocked by a damp cotton wool, quite suffocating and uncomfortable.

He pulled the quilt down again, showing only his eyes which stared at the wall.

On the other side of this wall, there was Lu Shi.

Chu Yu himself couldn't figure out what was in his heart, so he felt awfully sad.

He felt that he was probably being unreasonable.

Lu Shi was very alienated and indifferent to others, and if he wasn't, then he was quick to punch and extremely fierce.

However, although Lu Shi didn't talk nor reveal much to him, Chu Yu was sure that Lu Shi had truly withdrawn his defenses and barriers, letting him rely and depend on him.

Lu Shi was cold and difficult to understand, but he was really good to him.

But maybe it was exactly because of this that Chu Yu felt so sad.

He obviously still hadn't said anything, but Lu Shi had pushed him out of the dorm room and closed the door.

Lu Shi didn't trust him.

Turning over, Chu Yu changed his posture. Instead of staring at the wall, he stared at the strelitzia by the window. Then he found that he couldn't remember how long he hadn't watered it for. Lu Shi had been taking care of it the entire time.

He turned his gaze to his desk and shelf. Everything was neatly arranged.

He didn't know when Lu Shi had started helping him tidy up the pens, paper and comic books he'd misplaced.

Chu Yu looked around at this time, only to discover what it meant to moisten all things softly without sound, and what it meant to noiselessly seep inch by inch. Lu Shi was just that.

He'd even gotten to the point where he'd always wanted to grab the corners of Lu Shi's clothes when it was time to sleep. If he didn't have anything in his hands, he'd feel empty and unaccustomed.

Chu Yu knew that no matter who he faced, he'd subconsciously draw a clear line. Deep inside, he was afraid— afraid that if he wholeheartedly trusted someone and asked for their feelings, he wouldn't get any response in the end.

Such as what happened with his mother.

He'd always protected himself very well.

But towards Lu Shi, that boundary line of his was as if drawn using light smoke. When a small breeze blew, it cleared. He even took a step forward of his own volition, telling Lu Shi, 'you can take a mile more.'

He'd sold himself cleanly.

Thinking about it this way was so infuriating!

But regardless how angered, it was a fit that only lasted a second or two.