Come Here

Chu Yu was awakened by thirst.

His throat was like a furnace, so dry and itchy that it was somewhat painful.

Chu Yu wore light blue cotton pajamas as he went downstairs in soft-soled slippers, rubbing his eyes as he walked. He could faintly remember that it seemed— he dreamed of the gangster he'd met during the day?

His bleeding wound and cold eyes appeared in front of him again.

What kind of shadow was this, ah, chasing him all the way into his dreams...

Afraid of waking Aunt Lan, Chu Yu gently and quietly poured himself some water but even after drinking a full glass, the dry itchiness in his throat wasn't relieved at all.

Chu Yu poured another glass yet unexpectedly, not only did it not quench his thirst, he was now also hungry.

Chu Yu left the lights off for the oblique light from the community's street lamp outside was shining in through the windows as he went to the kitchen to rummage through the refrigerator.

As he reached out to grab a sandwich, he suddenly noticed that his nails seemed to be much longer than when he was in the shower.

Was he misremembering?

His mind concealed these thoughts due to sleepiness and just vaguely put off the idea of cutting his nails for tomorrow as he ate three small buns.

Chu Yu ended up vomiting in the middle of the night.

The sound wasn't that silent so it woke Aunt Lan up. She hurried to help bring water and a towel, worriedly chiding, "The food outside is unhealthy and unhygienic. My young master, if you want to eat beef stew, then let Aunt Lan make it for you. Let's not go out to eat anymore. Madam prematurely gave birth to you so you were extremely small, not nearly big enough at that time. Ai, now look how pitiful you are..."

Chu Yu fully vomited up the contents in his stomach, yet he didn't feel weak, but rather alive and kicking. It felt as if his body was light enough to float into the sky at any moment.

He pressed Aunt Lan's shoulders with both hands and pushed her out of the bedroom, humming in response, "Aunt Lan, I'm truly fine and full of energy. I feel much better after vomiting, really!"

Aunt Lan had taken care of Chu Yu since he was a child so her affections ran deep. She reached out and felt Chu Yu's forehead. Only when she was sure that he didn't have a fever, did she finally feel a little at ease. "Alright alright, fortunately, you don't have a fever, so I'll listen to you and go back to sleep. But you also have to go to bed after a while. Just call me if you ever feel uncomfortable again and tomorrow eat lightly and slowly. You mustn't eat that beef you brought back..."

The bedroom door closed, reverting the four corners of the room back into silence. Chu Yu stood at the door for a while, then took a thermometer from the medicine box to measure his temperature.

36.5 degrees, it was normal.

He stared at the number on the thermometer, lost in thought.

Aunt Lan said he didn't have a fever and the thermometer also showed a normal temperature, but he felt hot ever since he woke up from that dream.

A kind of heat that seeped through his bones and blood vessels like a raging fire within his body.

Could it be that a growing teenager's boiling hot blood couldn't be suppressed by only the central air conditioner?

Putting away the thermometer, Chu Yu lay back on his big bed, stretched his long legs, and sent a WeChat message with his phone.

"Ge, can I ask a personal question? When you were young, was there ever a time where you couldn't restrain your body's boiling blood and parching heat in the middle of the night?"