Win an Inch, Want a Mile

The two days of the weekend passed by in the blink of an eye.

Early Monday morning, Chu Yu brought his school bag full of manga to the classroom and found everyone quietly sitting in their seats and studying hard.

He asked Zhang Yueshan in a low voice, "Rep, is something happening today? Is there an inspection?"

Zhang Yueshan, who was writing at a tremendous speed, took some time to raise his head and answered Chu Yu's question, "We're all doing homework. As usual, everyone slacked off at the start of school!"

"No one did their homework?"

"Nope, I didn't finish my homework on Sunday night so it piled up until this morning!"

Zhang Yueshan looked at the Chinese assignment in front of him and lamented, "Ai, I never expected that I'd also be reduced to this!"

Chu Yu put down his bag and felt that he should also blend into the atmosphere, so he pulled out a brand new worksheet from his desk compartment.

But the question was, from whom should he copy?

He didn't know anyone in class. Yesterday, he met Dream-Ge because of the basketball game, but Dream-Ge was also busy— the 6'1 tall man was leaning over his narrow desk and gritting his teeth as he wrote down answers, his pen seemed as if it were flying.

Upon such a rare sighting, Chu Yu recited an ancient poem suitable for the occasion in his heart, and then he looked around at a loss with a pen in his hand.

From the classroom's door, Lu Shi entered with a black bag over his shoulder.

Chu Yu's eyes lit up as if he'd just seen the dawn of a new life!

When Lu Shi placed his school bag on his desk, Chu Yu turned around and put both of his hands on the back of his chair, eyes sparkling. "Lu Shi, can I borrow your homework?"

Zhang Yueshan at the front desk heard this and wanted to stop him, but it was already too late— since the first week of school, the whole class knew that they shouldn't ask to copy Lu-Shen's homework. Not only would he refuse, one would also suffer the study god's expression attack. It would make students' feelings float into a — 'What a shame it is to copy homework!'; 'If I don't study well and just plagiarize, how can I be a successor of socialism?!' — kind of barrage.

He felt some pity for the School Flower as he wasn't sure if the School Flower's soul could take such damage.

Just as he was thinking of how to comfort School Flower, Zhang Yueshan heard Lu Shi's characteristically light and husky voice. "Sure, which subject?"

Holy shit!

Zhang Yueshan was so shocked the tip of his pen drew a diagonal slash across his paper.

He then heard Chu Yu cheerfully reply, "Thank you benefactor for saving me from water and fire! As to which subject, um... all of them!"

Lu Shi opened his bag, took out all his homework, and handed them to Chu Yu.

Chu Yu turned back around with the homework sheets and saw Zhang Yueshan looking at him with a profoundly inscrutable face.

He was puzzled. "You want to copy too?"

"No no no, I won't copy." Zhang Yueshan quickly waved his hands to refuse.

The study god's homework, how could common folk like them befoul it?

He just wanted to pay respect to the appearance of the mortal who could copy the work of a god!

Lu Shi's penmanship had been praised numerously by the homeroom teacher, Old Ye. When Chu Yu looked through the papers, he found that it indeed warmed the heart and delighted the eye. Observing his own—