Forget It, It's Up To You

Chu Yu took out another math paper.

It was finished in less than five minutes.

The moment he closed the pen lid, Chu Yu sighed and felt exactly like a scumbag; the kind who had been in the midst of a cluster of exam questions, but not a single page managed to touch his body.

He spun his pencil around as he gazed at the words printed on the paper, recalling what Guan Yiyang had said: Did your mother know that you were mud who couldn't support the wall so she spent money to buy you a school?

There was a bit of astringency freely rising from the tip of his heart.

Chu Yu glanced at the date, but suddenly didn't dare count how many days he hadn't seen Shi Yaling.

Chu Yu placed the pen aside and went out.

Standing at the door of the neighboring dorm room, Chu Yu raised his hand but then put it down in hesitation. In the end, he still lightly knocked three times.

The door opened quickly after.

When Chu Yu saw Lu Shi standing behind the door, he didn't know why, but his eyes became a little sour.

He curled the corners of his mouth as much as possible to smile. "Are you busy right now? Can I—"

"Come in."

Conscientiously closing the door behind him, Chu Yu looked around.

This was his first time inside Lu Shi's room, and he found that it was more or less similar to what he'd imagined with the overall style being very cold; it was either white or black and gray.

The books on the shelf were arranged in order from tallest to shortest, just like how those with OCD would arrange them. The quilt on the bed was neatly folded and the floor was without a speck of dust.

Contrasting it with his own room, Chu Yu quietly consoled himself— my room is just full of life in comparison!

Lu Shi pointed to the chair next to the desk. "Sit."

Chu Yu sat down.

His sitting posture wasn't the least bit proper and rather very casual— legs spread out, hands hugging the back of the chair, and chin resting on his hands. As if boneless, he tilted his head to look at Lu Shi.

The desk lamp was on and a test paper was spread out on the table, nearly half done.

Chu Yu vaguely said, "You do your questions, no need to worry about me."

Hearing what Chu Yu just said, Lu Shi really ignored him.

He continued solving the questions with the pencil between his fingers.

Chu Yu quietly watched Lu Shi.

The light from the lamp was like a pen which very meticulously outlined Lu Shi's profile; his eyes, nose, lips, and jawline.

He was akin to an oil painting where nothing wasn't exquisite, and nothing was unsightly.

His suspended heart slowly landed on the ground.

Chu Yu didn't know how, but after sitting next to Lu Shi for a while, his heart suddenly calmed.

After finishing two questions, Lu Shi shifted his eyes and met Chu Yu's gaze.

"How long are you going to watch?"

Chu Yu was taken aback by the question, but before he could answer, he heard Lu Shi continue to say, "If I didn't let you in just now, you might've been planning to stand at my door and cry."