Punished To Stand

Chu Yu slept terribly all night.

His whole body felt uncomfortable and he continued to have the same dream over and over again. He could always smell the enticing scent which caused him to search the dormitory inch by inch in the middle of the night, but he still couldn't find the source of smell, making him bite his pillow in annoyance!

After lying groggily in bed for half an hour, Chu Yu headed to class. He'd already missed the morning self-study session.

Seeing Chu Yu sit down, Zhang Yueshan turned to talk to him. "Last night during self-study, the English teacher came over and saw that your seat was empty so he asked me what was wrong. I said you weren't feeling well so you went back first."

Chu Yu, with a pale complexion, yawned lazily. "Class monitor, nice work!"

"Although I made an excuse for you, I noticed the teacher's expression looked pretty bad." After Zhang Yueshan finished, he became a little worried about Chu Yu.

With his hand supporting his chin, Chu Yu tilted his head and tried to recall. "Our English teacher... who is it?"

"..."

Zhang Yueshan helplessly responded, "You must've been asleep during English class yesterday afternoon. The English teacher's surname is Wang, Wang Lilin and she's a woman whose most distinctive feature is her flaming red lipstick. She also wears gold-rimmed glasses when looking at the computer."

He saw Chu Yu's pale face. "But, are you ill? Are you still unwell? Do you want to visit the infirmary again to lie down?"

"No." Chu Yu languishingly lay on the table, not wanting to move. "It's no use even if I go. They can't figure out what's wrong with me. Besides, I can sleep anywhere and I don't feel like walking that far."

Zhang Yueshan had heard a lot of rumors regarding Chu Yu before. Supposedly, his family had bought the whole school with a swipe of a pen in order to let him happily study. When the first year of high school started, the dishes in the cafeteria weren't to his liking so the school changed several chefs that very night. To put it simply, many children from wealthy families attended Jianing Private, and if they were divided into tiers, Chu Yu would be at the tip of the pyramid.

However, after associating with Chu Yu over the past two days, Zhang Yueshan felt that not only did he look good, but he also possessed a good temper. His only shortcomings – which were hardly shortcomings – were that he didn't like to study and was a little delicate.

But with such a face, Zhang Yueshan felt that even if he was a little delicate and also a bit squeamish, it was like... there was no sense of irregularity?

Zhang Yueshan belonged to the enthusiastic and helpful archetype, and now that he was occupying the position of class monitor, he had a sense of responsibility. He didn't attempt to persuade him anymore. "In any case, don't force yourself if you're unwell. Just say so if you need help."

Chu Yu hummed twice in response. "Thank you, class rep."

After lying on the table for a while, he recalled the dream that had haunted him last night and was suddenly curious about what the boy sitting behind him was doing.

But it would be too obvious to just turn around and look.

After ruminating for two seconds, Chu Yu looked for his square eraser and quietly dropped it on the ground before pretending to be puzzled. "Yi, why did my eraser fall on the ground?"

Afterwards, he turned, bowed his head, bent over, picked up the eraser, and got back up; he took the opportunity to glance at Lu Shi from the corner of his eyes at the same time.